​An Open Letter To The Creative Minds Behind 'The Bachelor'

I am disappointed in you, Chris Harrison

90
pexels.com

Enough is enough.

I have no shame in saying that I am an avid Bachelor and Bachelorette fan and follower. The tears, drama, and ridiculousness continue to draw me back for more. But having only seen 2 episodes of this new season, I am tired. Tired, bored, and extremely disappointed in the lack of creativity throughout.

Not only are the activities getting old, but the people as well. Taking a step above having name repetition on the show, this season they actually have some look-alikes coming back! Chelsea, the well-spoken and put together single mom turned villain?

Hmm, is it just me or is there some odd resemblance there in demeanor and appearance to the once poor villainous Olivia, deserted in love and deserted on a literally deserted island?

How about the strange and slightly psycho but beautiful blonde who loved onions?

Nope, she isn’t back for a second season it’s just her doppelganger psycho blonde now as the taxidermist! Or another blonde, tiny, and sweet Lauren B? I mean they even dove into Raven’s hometown to find another replacement in Tia both in how she looks and the role that she has on the show. So where does it end?

I can’t say that there are many more stops the show can pull out besides handing a girl free Louboutins and a new closet-full of designer gowns, but the copycat method they have been trying out clearly isn’t working.

The other main issue here is something that captures the entire essence of the show: Arie. Who is this 36-year-old ex-race car driver and why wasn’t he here years ago? If he wasn’t wanted then, why now? Clearly, he is living in the past, with all of these “age-appropriate” women surrounding him.

The single oldest woman still being 3 years his junior, and the average age about 10 years younger than him, this group seems a very odd choice for an even odder Bachelor. It seems obvious that the show couldn’t convince any other poor soul to sell themselves to the cameras. I hope for their own sake that this emotionless man with about all the personality of a wet mop was not their first choice.

Between the unoriginality of contestants chosen, and lack of interest in the Bachelor himself, I guess this season I will just be left counting down the days until Bachelor in Paradise to get my drama fix for the year.

I’m disappointed in you, Chris Harrison, and the rest of the producers on the show. Because of this, I regretfully say that after 22 seasons of the Bachelor, I think that this season's final rose really needs to be the final rose.