An Open Letter To The Boy Who Will Always Have A Piece Of Me

There is never enough time with you.

245
All Teens Talk

I didn't know it at the time, but meeting you was one of the best things that will ever happen to me. Moments in time seem so insignificant until you have time to start reflecting on them. The moment when I first met you, it was exciting. The butterflies I felt all the time and how nervous I felt being around you was overwhelming. What started as a little crush on a cute boy grew into what would become the greatest love I have ever felt.

I think about moments with you often, like our very first kiss to our very last. I miss how things used to be between us. I miss our conversations that happened way too late at night and the phone calls where we talked about absolutely nothing; conversations that happened only because I love the sound of your voice.

You are a person that I find so easy to love. The things that interest both of us are things we connected on. Of the things that we didn't both like, I enjoyed learning more about why you liked them.

I love who you are down to your very core. The way you think is intriguing, and attempting to figure out exactly how your mind works will always be something that I treasure. I could tell you anything and you will always know exactly what to say. Things with you have never been black or white, or even shades of grey in between; they have been a million bright colors, each a different emotion felt on a level I never knew to be possible.

I never imagined that I would grow to love you in the way that I have, but now that I do, there is no turning back. I don't regret a single second spent on you. Moments with you are few these days, so I have learned to cherish all of them. Losing you was something that hurt me very deeply in a way that affects your soul. However, I'm not angry about the way that things are now. I have learned to make peace with the past.

I hope that you find true happiness in this world and the kind of love that consumes your mind. I hope the person you love spends every second with you and never makes you wonder if they care about you or if you are good enough. They will love you the same way that I always have, and always will. Their eyes will light up the way mine do when I get a text from you. They will have their day turned around because of a simple sweet compliment you gave them. They will love you with every bit of themselves the way that I have; but this time, it will be greater because you will love them back the same.

You are deserving of the best, and I sincerely hope you find it. No matter what this world has in store for me or for you, you will always have a piece of me.