an open letter to the boy that broke my heart
Dating

An Open Letter To The Guy That Broke My Heart

Who knew you'd be the one to hurt me the most?

45

Dear *Insert name*

I find it so funny that you ended up hurting me after telling me you'd never hurt me... For so long I actually thought that maybe not all guys are fuck boys, that not all guys are just looking around for sex, or trying to date someone who's "perfect".

I opened up to you the moment we became friends, I told you everything, I told you about all my disorders, mental illnesses, I told you things I have never told anyone else, you became my other half. You were always there for me. Literally everything. You were there during break ups, during stupid drama and rumors, through so much anxiety. You knew I was bad at showing emotions especially when it came to "love" because so many guys had hurt me and I was always left with a broken heart. Look at us now. You did what you promised you'd never do. You hurt me and you don't even know it.

I always thought you weren't like the other guys. That you were one of the sweet guys who liked people for them, not because they were smoking hot or because they wanted to have sex. But I was so wrong, you turned out to be the type of guy I hated.

We started talking for only four days before you messed it all up. I pulled myself back together after a month and we became friends again. But it's funny because that's when everyone started saying that you were a "Hoe bag" or a "fuckboy". I actually thought they were joking, but I started to notice that you started to flirt with every girl and I laughed because I was so dumb to think that you were one of the "good guys". That you weren't like the guys I had dated before you.

After ignoring you and trying to pull myself together I tried to talk to you and confront you. I actually thought that we could work through it, but you didn't even try to talk. You didn't even try. That was when I realized that you don't care anymore and that's fine because I will also learn not to care too.

Then a week later after I have started to stop caring you send me a message... a message you use to send when you cared:

"Hope you had a good day"

I laughed. Pathetic right?

You can't just hurt someone and then just walk back into their lives as if you didn't hurt them. It doesn't work like that, we don't live in a Disney movie.

I like to think that maybe this happened for a reason. That this happened because we just weren't supposed to end up together. We never even dating and you still managed to hurt me. What would have happened if we would have ended up together? the same thing I'm sure right? Because you weren't the guy I thought you were, you ARE the type of guy I hate.

I don't hate you, I don't really know how I feel about you, to be honest. I want to hate you, but that would be too easy right? I fell for you and I crashed and burned. That's okay though because you don't care so neither should I.

Sincerely,

A girl who fell who she thought you were.