To The Boy Dating A Girl With Anxiety

To The Boy Dating A Girl With Anxiety

It's not always a walk in the park, I get it.

35141
To The Boy Dating A Girl With Anxiety
The Weinstein Company

Dear boy dating the girl with anxiety,

I know there are hard days, good days and near-impossible days. I know there are days when she is the happiest, most bubbly person on earth, and the next day she shakes, unable to look you in the eyes without hyperventilating.

Dear boy,

Please be patient. When she has tears streaming down her face, pull her close and let her eyes soak a spot on your shirt. When her hands shake, clasp yours around them to let her know you are there. When she shuts you out sure you are going to leave, kiss her forehead and tell her how you feel.

Dear boy dating the girl who questions you,

This isn't about her not trusting you. To be honest, she probably trusts you more than anyone else in her world. But that doesn't stop her brain from spinning in circles and making her wonder why you are really with her. Her head screams that maybe you want to use her, or you are with her out of pity. She wants to be with you, but she has had pain in the past that raises her anxiety about it being repeated.

Dear boy who doesn't know what to say,

Sometimes saying nothing is better. Just hold her close and let her listen to your heartbeat. Maybe even kiss her head and rub her back.

Dear boy who is dating the girl who has panic attacks,

She is working on it. She wants to get better, for herself, but also for you. She doesn't want to worry over every little thing in her day. She wants to be a constant happy, but that isn't always a possibility in her day to day life. This is something she has struggled with for years and probably will struggle with for years to come. But if you love her and want to be with her you can be. She may push and pull you, maybe even make you question what it is that is best for you. But if after all of that you need her, and care about her more than anything, protect her. Maybe she is the one, and you know you will have to help her face her fears from day to day. Just don't let her down. That will not help her distrust and worry that lies within the world.

Dear boy who gets frustrated,

Don't forget to take downtime for yourself. She can be overwhelming, and she knows this. There is nothing wrong with being alone and taking a break. This doesn't take away from your love for her. You still think that she holds the galaxies in her eyes. You just need some time to regroup and calm down.

Dear boy who is dating the girl with anxiety,

Thank you for loving her. Maybe even in a way she has never been loved before. Thank you for not running away when she is panicking and worrying the world may cave in on her. You are the kind of boy we need more of in the world.

Dear boy who loves the girl with anxiety,

Thank you always,

Girls with anxiety