An Open Letter To The Boy Back Home

An Open Letter To The Boy Back Home

These are the only answers I have for you right now...

386
An Open Letter To The Boy Back Home
Wessex Scene

As the school year goes on I find myself thinking back to the summer more often, and usually at times when it would be better if I was focused on what was in front of me. Despite the seven research papers, multiple tests, and two jobs my mind still goes back to the late movie nights and the countless number of jabs that always turned into play fights. There was no pressure and it was just fun to be around each other.

Of course with school brought the separation and distance that is too great to overcome when you factor in anxious personalities, jobs, internships, and too many classes. We choose to ignore the important questions that should be addressed but are probably best left unasked. Neither one really wants to know the answers, we won't like them. I miss you though and the simplicity that summer brought. I am conflicted about what I want and what we seem to be, but thinking about it sends me into a cyclical cycle of questions and scenarios that end up consuming all my thoughts. I wish we knew. But, more than anything, I wish I had you around to put that stupid smile back on my face.