An Open Letter To The Best Friend Who Is My Soulmate

"He won't understand that the connection we have, is like finding a sister that god forgot to give me."

2536
Monique Lopez

Dear Best Friend,

In times of need and hurt, you're there for me. In times of craving adventure, you run with me. When I lose myself, you find me. You don't ever let me do weird things in public alone. If I'm weird, you're weird!

We are the type of best friends that walk down the street holding hands, and making the guys we don't want to talk to think we are gay. We are the type of best friends that in the middle of the night will take off and find ourselves anywhere but home. We are the type of best friends that people look at and say, "They're still best friends?" You're so important to me and there's always a question I ask myself...

Can your best friend be your soul mate? I say most definitely! I love you to the moon and back and you complete my heart, so who better of a soul mate to have than you! A soulmate isn't always about love, you can find one within a friend too.

Yes men are going to come into our lives and we are going to fall in love, and begin adventures with them, but non will compare to the best friend who's standing by my side. He won't understand the inside jokes, the 12 A.M. Sheetz and ice cream runs, the summertime road trips, boy talk, sky watching, the sleepovers, the heartbreak. He won't understand that the connection we have is like finding a sister that god forgot to give me. He won't understand that you forever and always will be the one with my heart.

A soulmate is someone who brings the best out of you. They aren't perfect, but they are perfect for you. So here's to the best friend who is also my soulmate. Thank you for always being there. Thank you for making such a huge impact on my life, and thank you for becoming part of my family and letting me become part of yours!