An Open Letter To My 15-Year-Old Self

An Open Letter To My 15-Year-Old Self

Leave. You will be ok, you will grow and learn from this. Please leave, he is hurting you. Don't look back.

135
An Open Letter To My 15-Year-Old Self

Hi gorgeous.

No, you will not be with him forever. Please stop letting him treat you like that. You are only 15 years old and you will meet so many guys in the future. Stop letting him define you, and God please stop making him tell you what to wear. Stop checking in with him whenever you leave your house. Don't tell him who's driving. Stop letting him call you names. Do not listen to him when he says you have no worth. Stop letting him abuse you. He is so insecure and thinks he has possession over you. Leave. You will be okay, you will grow and learn so much from this. Please leave, he is hurting you. Don't look back.

You left. You did it. And you are okay. You have been waiting months for this, and look, you survived. This will be the best decision you ever made, I promise.

These arguments with your friends need to stop. A year from now Jessica will not remember what Amber said about her boyfriend. The catty fights are seriously not worth your time, I promise. Your friends are there for a reason...a temporary reason. You will have fun with them now but do not be hurt when they leave. You will grow from that too. You will also meet so many new friends, thinking you will click immediately, and you won't. Weeks go by, and you don't even think of them anymore. So many people will come and go, just go with it they are there for a purpose. You will meet people that might reappear years from now, just wait.

Hey... Stop crying over him, time passes, you're hurt now but every day you gain strength.

The fight you had with your mom last night about your dirty room will not mean anything and will be one of many, but that's okay. It is not the end of the world that you guys argue about everything, you will mature and your bond will get stronger. You may not be as close with your dad now but girlfriend I promise you, he will become your best friend and you will have the deepest and most dense life conversations.

Chemistry f**king sucks. It will be your biggest worry now as you choose to do all your labs at 10 p.m. but you will pass it and you will forget you even took it. School is very important, it teaches you time management and respect for yourself as a student who earns their own grades. Getting that 72 on your math test that you studied for will suck for 20 minutes but when you're in college you will not even remember.

Love yourself. Listen to your grandma when she says you're unique. She's right. You have a special power that keeps your head high every single day as you have been through so much. I'm fat. I'm ugly. No, you're not. Stop worrying about your damn appearance and start focusing on things you are experiencing and enjoy them.

God gave you this body, life, family, friends, and this exact moment for a reason. Let the world guide you and just flow with it. You will grow up to be so strong and so wise. Keep taking your photos of anything and everything. Keep singing in the shower whenever you want and keep believing and practicing what you want because that is what defines you.

You have too much potential to get down on yourself.

You will meet a new guy and he will give you the absolute world and treat you exactly how you are meant to be treated. You will be amazed at how in love you are with him. He will take you on dates, call you beautiful, and be your best friend. Live for this moment, it is so worth it.

Trust your tuition, relax, sit back and enjoy life. You will be okay, trust me. Afterall, I would know from experience.

Sincerely, and with so much love,

You in three years.