An Open Letter To My Parents Who Supported My Fangirl Stage

“Please Mom! I NEED this T-shirt!”

323
Billie Kolinsky

Dear Mom and Dad,

There are no words to describe my love for those celebrity boys who have no idea who I am. Those boys were my idols and knowing every tiny fact about them was my lifestyle. Starting with Jonas Brothers, to One Direction, and of course Justin Bieber, it was one hell of a ride.

Thank you for letting me cover my walls with millions of posters. You finally painted my walls after I begged for a new color. I know about a month later, you could not even see the pretty blue paint because of all the Justin Bieber faces. I was so thankful you did not get mad and you let me express my passions! My shrine of teen sensations was my comfort zone and happy place.

Thank you for allowing me to see Justin Bieber and One Direction in concert multiple times. Those tickets were not cheap but you knew how much it meant for me to see those boys. Thank you for driving two hours in New York rush hour traffic to their show and letting me stand outside One Direction’s hotel for hours hoping to just get at least a glimpse of the boys. I’ve done some crazy things, but you never stopped me because you knew it made me happy.

Thank you for allowing me to wake up at 4 A.M. to go to the Today Show, twice. This process was absolutely exhausting but the experience was amazing. Seeing your favorite boy band for free is so exhilarating. There is no better way to spend a morning. The deal with you was that I had to go to school after, but I respected that decision, because going to the early morning concert was my choice.

Thank you for buying me all the Justin Bieber and One Direction merchandise. The tour T-shirts, the dolls that never left the box, and of course the life-size cutout meant so much to me; it still does today. I had to have everything to show I was the number one fan.

To wrap this all up, thank you for everything through this crazy time in my life. You always have supported me and never told me it was too much. I am so lucky to have parents like you. But guess what? The stage will never end... Belieber and Directioner FOREVER!!!