An Open Letter To My Little Brother

An Open Letter To My Little Brother

You are going to do wonderful things in this world.

3
An Open Letter To My Little Brother
Caroline Grace Stapleton

A letter to my little brother,

Milos, Miles, Milesy, El Diablo. I wish that you knew that sometimes when I yell at you it’s simply because I care so much and want you to succeed. When I look back at the past 17 years of your life, I notice that there are some pretty incredible character traits that you possess. You have never bullied someone. You treat everyone in your life as equals. You can be meaner than nails sometimes but you have seen me at my lowest and done nothing but hugged me and told me that you were sorry.

You watch Teen Wolf with me when no one else will. You send me pictures of dogs when I am sad.

You are not afraid to dress up in goofy outfits for school assemblies to make the freshman feel more comfortable in their new high school.

Honestly, you make me such a proud big sister (even though you are taller than me). Every time I come home from college you are one of the first people I want to talk to because watching “That 70’s Show” without you is not the same. You have made me so proud each and every day. I know that we can bicker a lot sometimes and occasionally when I’m home you tell me to go back to college (by occasionally I mean as soon as I step through the door), but you mean the world to me. You were my first best friend and I will never forget the countless times we watched "Blues Clues" as little kids, the Catholic school uniforms, the fun Halloween memories, and the many times that Dad let us watch scary movies when Mom was out of town.

Now, some advice: Enjoy your Senior Year of high school because it will go by in a blink of an eye and soon enough you will be walking across that stage at graduation and I’ll be cheering for you like a maniac in the crowd. You are going to do great things in this world but just remember that hard work and kindness can get you a long way in this world. You are starting to apply for college so just remember that New Mexico State University is the best college and the Aggies are the greatest. I hope that you continue to treat people with compassion, kindness, and fairness. I hope that no matter the gender of your future children you teach them these same values. I cannot stress how important it is to be kind. I know that sometimes it seems like Mom and Dad “just don’t understand” but you will miss all the little things they do for you when you leave home for the first time so appreciate it. Our parents are two of the greatest parents on this planet and they have given us so much so make sure you always let them know how much you love them. Now enjoy all these embarrassing photos.

Love,

Your Big Sis