To My High School #FAM

To My High School #FAM

There are some people in life that make you laugh a little louder, smile a little bigger and just live a little better.
306

“I wish this night would never end.” “ I’m so glad that fire can’t talk.” “This stays in the group.” These are some of the things I think of when I think back to my high school friend group. These are the people I spent 4 plus years with. My high school friend group helped shaped me into who I am today. These people made a last impact on my life and it’s my turn to say thank you.

As I sit here and write this article, I can’t help but think about where we all are. What happened to the group we "creatively" called #FAM. We are getting married, deep into college, working, traveling and so much more. Life has taken us all away from this place we called home. It’s been over 2 years since we all shared that strong bond, like we had back in high school. Two years since our bond slowly started drifted part as the last of us took off to college. Two years has flown by so fast. Over the past few years you all have still crossed my mind when I look out at that fire pit, when I hear a certain song or see your Facebook post. Seems like only yesterday we were careless, wild and free.

At one point over that summer 2 years ago we all hung out for the last time and we had no idea it’d be so long since we would ever all be in the same place at the same time. This is sad to think about but in the moment the idea never crossed out minds. 2 years ago I would have never though we would be so distance and not spending every Friday night around the bonfire.

I wanted to thank you all for some of the wonder things you have done for me. To all my high school friend group thank you for......

The memories

These will last a lifetime. I will still be laughing at all the crazy and wild things we got ourselves into. The couches on gators, the random adventures and the oh… so.. creative games we use to play. These memories help pick me up on the days I’m down and make me smile a little brighter when I hear those songs we use to belt out, we swore would never get old.

Supporting me

You all were the most supportive group of friends I could ever ask for. No matter what wild thing I said I was going to do next or what boy I brought back to the group you supported me. You helped pick me up when I was down, listened when I needed to vent. No matter the situation you were always there, and I am forever grateful for you all being my rock.

Always being my concert dates

Concerts were some of the best nights of our high school experience. Thanks for always attending concerts with me and never letting me go alone. Thanks for belting out every line to every song with me and dancing like a fool and not having a care in the world. You allowed me to let loose of all the worries and the problem for that one night.

Being real with me

You always kicked me in the butt when I wasn’t being smart. Thanks for keeping me away from all the butt-holes (for lack of better words) and saving me from all the dumb ideas I thought would be a good idea. Thanks for picking up the phone and reasoning with me when I wanted to go off on someone. Thanks for keeping is real with me and never sugar coating what you had to say.

Letting me break down on you

You guys were always the best shoulders to cry on. You all were the drop everything, drive in and save me kind of friends. Thanks for accepting that sometimes I needed to break down and helping me through that.

Bonfire nights

This is one of my favorite things. I miss these nights the most. If the bonfire could talk, we might have to make its disappearance look like an accident. The bonds that grew deeper over these orange and red flames is where our friendship really blossomed. The things you talk about and then amount of opening up that went on after a late night of dancing is amazing. Thank you for sharing personal things with me and allowing me to really get to know you.… Thanks for teaching me that when I say bring macaroni to be specific with my directions and say cook it. This memory still makes me laugh when I look at mac and cheese in a box.

helping me enjoy life a little more

You all made life enjoyable. Some weeks it was all I could do to make it to the bon fire on Friday. The pick me ups, memes and jokes throughout the week make life enjoyable. Sometimes even a small look in the hallway would help me know everything was going to be alright. We helped each other through some of the toughest years of our lives….. the most awkward too.

To my #FAM…..

My wishes to each of you : I wish you the best in married life. You will make a wonderful wife! I love you to pieces girl. Remember you can always handle whatever is thrown at you. Thanks for always playing dad even when it makes me mad. I wish you the best in college and you will make a wonderful nurse someday! I know things get though sometimes but you can handle it. Just smile and give a weather up date. hope college is treating you well and I can’t wait to see where this crazy adventure called life takes you, and don’t forget to cook the mac and cheese.

I miss the times we used to cherish together but we have memories and pictures that will last us a lifetime. I wish you all the very best in this crazy world. I am always just a text or phone call away. I will forever and always be here for you. Wither we talk or not I am still cheering you on. I hope this life becomes all that you want it to. I hope you fulfill the hopes and dreams that we talked about growing up. I hope life treats you well and you achieve so much more than you ever could have imagined. You are all wonderful individuals and you’ll each change the world in your own way.

High school friend groups turn and shape us into the people we become today. They are our rocks and will always hold the most special places in our hearts!

Love forever and always,

Your

Wild Child