An Open Letter to My Best Friend

An Open Letter to My Best Friend

"I've heard it said That people come into our lives for a reason" -Wicked

183
An Open Letter to My Best Friend
The Odyssey

I don't think I've ever missed anyone more than I have missed you. Even though it has been three years with you living in another city, it still hits me that I cannot just call you up to hang out. It was a hard thing to adapt to, but in the long run, it is something that has truly made our friendship stronger.

The one thing I love about us being apart is every time you come back into town is the fact we act like nothing has changed. Even if we haven't seen each other in over three months, we pick up right here we left off. Time does not seem to matter when I'm away from you, and boy, am I glad for that.

I believe that a person who makes a huge impact on your life is with you for a reason. You—you are my person. You have helped me get through so much in the six years we have known each other. Whether it be a break-up with some horrible boy, or when I'm having issues with school, and even when I was not doing well as a person. You stuck through it all with me.

There will never be a dull moment with us, ever. On two sets of hands, I don't ever think we will be able to count all of our inside jokes or all the memories we have had. To name a few; the hamster bed in Nebraska Furniture Mart, jumping the median just to get Starbucks (that one will never die), how green goes perfect with pink, and my all time favorite, the milk that looks like Nemo. These memories, along with so many more, are stories I will tell my kids about, along with your kids.

We are basically sisters, even though you have four already. We talk about things I don't talk about with my other friends. For example, already having our wedding ideas planned out—knowing what the other wants in their wedding, being in each others wedding. I think the best thing we have for our future together is that our daughters will be best friends, just like us, and that one Halloween they will be Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe (if we can convince our husbands of that).

You moving to a diffrent city was the hardest thing that ever happened to me, but knowing you will ALWAYS be my person makes me feel safe. I never have to be scared that I will lose such a beautiful, fabulous, and caring human being.

What I'm trying to say is, thank you. Thank you for everything you have done and will do for me. Thank you for being the person who made me feel comfortable in the theatre department back in High School, and most of all....

Thank you for always being the Glinda to my Elphaba.