An Open Letter to my Forever Friends

An Open Letter to my Forever Friends

Thanks for changing my life in the best of ways

679
An Open Letter to my Forever Friends
Haylie Williamson

Dear forever friends,

Five months. I’ve known you guys for five months. Two years ago, I couldn’t even fathom the possibility of trusting someone enough to call them my best friend ever again. Now, I have a few beautiful humans that have become a permanent part of my life and have been extended a seat at family dinners.

In five months, you have seen more vulnerability within me than any of my friends ever saw. You have seen me cry, something I avoided like the plague with past friends. You have helped me through anxiety, something I seldom admitted struggling with to anyone before college. You have experienced joy beyond compare with me by constantly pointing me back to the Lord, giving me Christ-centered friendships, something I always yearned for.

Teachers and family always assured me that college would be different. In college, I would find my people and they would become a vital vertebrae in the backbone of my future. I didn’t believe them. Boy, I had no idea what was ahead.

I struggle to even write this article and have erased it many times because I find it hard to verbalize the impact you have made. I can't string together any amount of beautiful words to show my gratitude. The speechless inside of my awestruck heart perfectly personifies how much you guys mean to me. You have extended the love and grace of Jesus Christ to me like no other.

Each of you play such an amazing and unique role in my life. From concerts and walks downtown to snuggles and movies, from vent sessions to jam sessions, from funny nicknames to endless inside jokes, and finally, from accountability partnerships to praying at every meal, I have never been more sure that I had found my forever friends.

Thanks for giving me a reason to dread breaks because living without you guys for more than a week seems unbearable. Thanks for reassuring me amidst my panics of people pleasing. Thanks for laughing at my corny jokes and listening to my constantly repeated stories. Thanks for making me laugh when I want to cry and constantly pointing me back to God when stress and anxiety takes over.

I mean it when I say, I couldn't have gotten through the last five months without each of you standing strong, completely unwavering, at my side.

Thanks for being you,

A very grateful friend

P.S. I love you so much!