An Open Letter to My Chacos

An Open Letter to My Chacos

Love letter from a former hater

1783
An Open Letter to My Chacos
Chacos

Dear Chacos,

First of all, I am so sorry. I used to hate you so much. My senior year of high school, my understanding of why so many of my classmates loved you so much was on par with my understanding of astrophysics. I could not understand for the life of me why anyone would want to wear a bunch of straps on their feet. Then, a miracle happened. My mom and I were at the mall, and she practically forced me to try on a pair of Chacos. That was the day I fell in love.

That day changed my worldview on outdoor sandals. I wore that pair almost every warm day my freshman year. Despite all the blisters, I wouldn’t have wanted to wear any other shoe. I have even developed a sense of pride of my Chacos tan. You are what I wore for most of the warm days of freshman year, and at this point, all of them, for sophomore year. When my family went to New York this summer, you are what I wore for the majority of our trip. I even went as far to buy a second pair of you.

Do I still think you are particularly fashionable? Not really. However, you are beyond comfortable, more so than any shoe that I have ever owned. Not to mention that you do have really cute straps. The best part is that I can wear you with almost anything in my closet. So yes, I have been converted from a Chaco hater to being obsessed with them. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Love,

Lauren