An Open Letter To My Bug

An Open Letter To My Bug

Love is love for so many incredible reasons.

14
An Open Letter To My Bug
Clipart Panda

To those of you that are in a loving and healthy relationship, you'll understand where I'm coming from with all of this.

Dear Bug,

I need to start out by saying thank you for everything.

I don't mean that in a cliche way either; you do so many wonderful things for the both of us. Thank you, first off, for having any sort of interest in me and keeping it for this long. Thank you for coming back to Starbucks that night to sit with all of our friends and let me listen to your soft voice. Thank you for all the small talk conversations we had that let me get to know what you think about your job and all your favorite music. Thank you for showing me your favorite movies, even though I wasn't the biggest fan and poked fun at them.

Thank you for sticking with me in the beginning, despite the fact that I was afraid of committing to someone again. Thank you for helping me get over that fear, by the way. It took up way too much brain space. Anyways, thank you for opening up to me and showing me the darkest parts of you, putting the pieces together as to why you are the way you are. But thank you for also sharing the lightest parts of you, the happy times and good feelings.

Thank you for making the greatest memories with me. All the times we've shared together have honestly and very truly been the absolute best I've ever had. I hope I never forget the fun experiences we've had and just being able to share my time with you. Thank you for making every little thing enjoyable in some way, no matter what we do or where we go. You're the best.

Thank you for staying through the hard times, too. We've gotten in quite a number of arguments in our day, but no matter, we always make up. Thank you for making me put my pride to the side (on some occasions) and make me see that I can be at fault (on most occasions). Thank you for putting up with my incredibly tough stubbornness and my inability to back down from certain conversations. Thank you for always making sure that we reconcile the situation, too, because if not, I don't know where we would be.

Thank you for being you. This is the most important part of why I love you oh so very much. You are unapologetically you, and I hope you never change that. Your smile can make my blackest days so much more clear and happy. Your voice soothes me when I can't calm down with anything else. Your laugh makes the sun shine a lot brighter and the world a happier place. It is the sound of something magical and mystical, and I'm a better person just for being able to hear it every day. Your mind is a beautiful place and I'll never stop trying to pick it. Your sense of humor makes me feel warm inside because your jokes are just so darn cute. Your entire personality, though opposite of mine in almost every way, creates such a wonderful balance in my life and that's something I desperately need. You know what to do when I'm feeling any emotion under the sun, and that's something I'll forever be grateful for.

Thank you, Bug, for being in my life, for making me be the best version of myself, and for never stopping loving me. I love you more than you'll ever know, and more than I'll ever be able to express. You're my favorite, forever and always.

Love,

Your Bug