An Open Letter To My Boyfriend, Who Didn't Get The Job

He has bigger and better plans for us

15148
savorthesuccess

When an opportunity arises and you decide you want it, it can be hard to accept rejection after putting in the work and visualizing yourself in the position. Sometimes what people think you can or cannot do unfortunately doesn't line up with what you and I know you can do. Just because you are capable of doing something (and very well, might I add) doesn't mean other people will see this, even if you do an amazing job of convincing them. It doesn't matter what other people think of you and your abilities: what matters is what you think of yourself. If you be yourself and try your best, the right people and opportunities will come along. I once read a quote somewhere that said, "Don't stress. Do your best. Forget the rest." This quote can apply to many things: a homework assignment, a job application or interview, an audition or performance, etc. As long as you did your best, that's all that matters. Despite what others may see or think, I know you can do anything you put your mind to. I believe in you. You never cease to amaze me.

Something that originally attracted me to you, even as a friend, is how multi-talented it are and how happy you always are. You're so versatile and I think it's a great thing. You can bring so much to so many areas. Although you are so versed, I think your true talent and passion lies within music and the arts. I think not getting the position is God's way of telling you it wasn't meant to be. He has bigger, better, and happy plans for the both of us. Even though you would have done the job tremendously and it was have been nice, it wasn't in God's plan for us. I don't care if we have a huge house or 1,000 acre back yard. My home is not a place, but a person: "A home is not a place. It’s not a country or a town or a building or possession. Home is with the other half of your soul, the person who shares in your grief and helps you carry the burden of loss. Home is with the person who throughout it all never gives up on you and brings you eternal happiness." (Tillie Cole) Money and materialistic things mean nothing to me. Of course money is nice and we need money to survive, but love is what matters to me most. "Faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love." Corinthians 13:13. Love is important in all forms, not just love of another. Love can be in the form of a passion, as well, and I can see your love of music. There is no way that you cannot love something you are involved in as much as you are. There is a difference between doing something because you can, it's cool and fun and doing something because you love it. Don't stress.

I realize the unspoken issues of not getting this job, but we can make it through this, because we can make it through anything. The time will come soon enough that we will be free, but until then, don't worry. Now you can be concerned about your own life and business, not someone else's. Build yourself up. Everything is going to be okay. If it's not okay, it's not the end. You know I'm here to listen to you and offer help or advice in any way I can, just like you have been doing for me over the past year. I cannot thank you enough for everything you have done for me. You have believed in me and loved me when I didn't believe in myself. You have given me so many opportunities and opened so many doors for me. I am forever grateful. They definitely lost out on a great addition to their staff, but I continue to appreciate, love, and hold on tight to the best boyfriend in the world. I'm looking forward to continuing our life together and facing everything and anything that comes our way. I've enjoying learning and growing with you. We're better together. There's nothing we cannot do. You make me happier then I ever thought possible and to me, that is a much greater accomplishment then some silly job. I have been sheltered my whole life, am terrible at making decisions, and are hard to please. Words cannot begin to express how lucky I am to be with you. I have never been so sure about anything in my life. I love you more and more everyday, my dear.