An Open Letter To My BFF Who Can't Come To College With Me.

How am I going to survive my freshman year without you?
5

Dear BFF,

Yes, I know there are a million and one of these letters, but this one is specifically for you.

First off, I just want to say congrats on making it to your second year of college, yay! You have the advantage of already knowing your way around your campus, where all of you classes and lectures are, and how to cram for a test on less than four hours of sleep, (and I’m sure you know a lot more). For me, it’s like a whole new world.

As you know, I’m beginning my freshman year of college in the fall, which is exciting - yet terrifying. The exciting part is, despite everybody’s doubts, I finally made it! I get to go off on my own and see what life is like as a college freshman living on campus. Here’s the terrifying part. It’s 119 miles away from you. I know that two hours doesn’t seem like that long of a drive, but it feels like forever compared to the thirty second drive that we used to have back in our hometown.

I can’t even begin to wrap my head around the fact that you won’t be there through every little milestone I make throughout my first year in college. I’m going to need you there the minute I meet a boy, or when I fail my first test. I’m going to need you there to keep me sane when I’m cramming for midterms, or even to just grab a late night snack at the dining hall. Basically, I’m going to need you there 24/7.

Even if I never acted like it, (because you and I both know I suck at showing my emotions), I really do look up to you. If we’re being honest, you’re probably one of the biggest inspirations in my life. Even though you’re less than a year older than me, you always feel the need to act like a second mother to me and although I find it annoying at times, I know I’m going to miss that.

I know I’m going to make it through and make a ton of new friends, but obviously none to replace you. I am looking so forward to the many late night phone calls and FaceTime dates that we are going to have throughout the year.

Thank you for shaping me into the person I am today and for sticking by my side all these years. I can’t wait to share with you all of my crazy experiences of my first year of college.

Remember, my dorm room is your dorm room.

Love you forever.

Xoxo,

Me