An open letter to my best friends leaving me for college

Don't forget where your home is

40

Dear Best friends leaving me for college next year,

First, I just want to say thank you.

Thank you for the countless laughs.

Thank you for the countless car rides-talking, laughing, and singing together.

Thank you for always having time to listen.

Thank you for always accepting and supporting me.

Thank you for the late night talks, laughs, and sonic runs.

Thank you for being the people that I can share a relationship with that nobody truly understands but us.

Thank you for no matter how long we go without seeing each other or talking, we can always pick up where we left of.

Thank you for being some of my best friends and always having my back. I truly can't thank you enough.

Second, I just want to tell you how proud I am of you. As sad as it is to think about you leaving in just 4 months, I couldn't be more proud of you. I see the success in you that you don't always see in yourself. I've seen all the hard work and determination it has taken you to get to this moment. Whether its persuing your baseball career at USC, becoming an engineer at Clemson, or studying business at Ole Miss, I'm so proud of you and can't wait to see where the future takes you.

Lastly, I just want you to know how much i'll miss you. I'll miss having you right down the road 24/7. I'll miss the late night porch talks. I'll miss seeing your face in the hallways at school. I'll miss going to all your athletic games. I'll miss seeing your parents all the time and hugging them like they're my own. Despite all of this, Im so so so excited for you. How exciting it is that you get to go off on your own and experience the world for yourself!

A few things I ask of you:

Don't lose sight of who you are in this great, big world.

Don't forget where you came from.

Don't forget ill always just be a text/phone call away.

Don't forget about me.

& last but not least, Don't forget how much I love you always.

Love,

Me