To My Best Friend Who Just Got Married

To My Best Friend Who Just Got Married

Just because you got married don’t think you are getting rid of me… It’s not that easy.

6432
To My Best Friend Who Just Got Married

To my best friend,

First, I want to thank you for allowing me to be a part of your big day. We spent months planning, organizing, and creating so many Pinterest boards. It all paid off. The ceremony, the reception, everything including you, was beautiful. Seeing you walk down that aisle to the man of your dreams brought tears to my eyes. You’ve had your share of “frogs” and I am so glad that you found your “prince.” Now that the ceremony, the honeymoon, and the thank you cards are all over it is time to get back to real life. But there are a few things I want you to always remember.

I will always be here for you.

Marriage is not easy. I was here for you through all the boys that broke your heart and I’m not leaving just because you found the one to put it back together. You will have fights, you will want to scream and cry and you can always come to me for that. We will still have our famous chicken hibachi dates where we complain about life. I still only live 15 minutes down the road. I love you as a couple but more importantly I love you for who you are and I will always take your side. You need to get out of the house, I’m your girl. I have the bottle of wine ready and the pizza is only one call away.

I’m not jealous of you, I’m proud of you.

You have found the perfect man and who knows what I’m doing. I am just so happy that you two have found each other after all this time. Yes, I want to be where you are someday and marry the man of my dreams, but I can never compete with what you two have. It is truly special. When I saw you two at the end of the aisle that day in May I did not think once about where my love life is, but how I wanted you two to beat the odds and be the ones that come out on top.

Don’t forget about me.

You always hear the stories about how people lost contact with their college friends, or once people get married they are in their own little world. I never want us to be like that. Even if one of us moves halfway across the country I want to know that we will be the same. I want to come to your kid’s birthday parties, and have summer barbecues. Just because you got married don’t think you are getting rid of me… It’s not that easy.

Always be yourself.

You are still young, make sure you do not change who you are. Both of you still need to make sure you spend time with your friends and do things that make yourselves happy. This is the beginning of a long journey together, you need to learn how to balance each other as well as their lives. It is okay to have some separate interests. You fell in love with each other for a reason, don’t change who you are and don’t stop trying.

I will always love you.

You truly are a special person. It was fate that we ever even met and a miracle at how close we have become since that day. I will cherish the times we have already spent together, all of our inside jokes, and crazy adventures forever and look forward to many more. Just because we have become three doesn’t mean our friendship will change. It just grows. I love you and I want you to always remember that.

Love always,

Your best friend.