An Open Letter To My Best Friend On Her Wedding Day

I hear wedding bells! (Maybe in the far future.)
38735

With so many weddings and engagements happening in my life right now, it made me think of what I want to say to my best friends on their wedding days. After going through one wedding for a best friend, I realized I am a total crybaby at weddings (sorry, Victoria.) I wasn't able to tell my BFF everything I wanted to, so here is my chance (and your chance) to tell my friends who are married, engaged, dating someone, or even the most single friend you have what you want them to know the day they get married.

Dear BFF,

I cannot believe you are finally getting married! We have talked about this day for so long, and it is finally here (except you probably aren't marrying that celeb we thought you would). There are so many things that are running through my mind that I want to tell you before you start this new adventure in your life.

First, I will always be here for you, even though you are changing your last name. You can't get rid of me that easily! Whether your husband is on a business trip or you need a few hours of girl time, I will always be ready to hang out with you. I will be there for you when you have your first fight with him, when you ruin the wonderful surprise dinner you had planned, or when you are so done with it all.

I will also be there for you when you are picking out your first anniversary gift, moving into your new house, when you find out you are pregnant, and when that sweet little baby is born. I will be there for you during the ups and downs, like I have been for as long as I have known you. I do not know what is ahead for you, but I do know I will always be here to cheer with you and cry with you! Although your husband is now your number one supporter, I will be a close second (probably tied with your mom).

Secondly, you probably should warn your future husband about me. Just let him know that we are package deal and he doesn't need to be alarmed if I end up showing up at your door at 1 a.m., because that is normal. Prepare him for our family dinners and game nights. I hope he doesn't mind being the third wheel sometimes.

Just like I'm there for you, I will be there for him too. If he needs help picking out a gift for you or understanding you, I will be happy to help. He should probably just put me on speed dial, if we are being honest. I can't wait for all of our adventures together, just the three of us (maybe four, if my Mr. Right ever shows)/ But don't worry, I will take the hint when both of you have had enough of me for one day. I guess you probably will want some alone time with each other, since you are husband and wife after all.

Finally, you are an amazing human being that deserves the best in the world, and I believe you have found it in your soon-to-be husband. I hope he fills your days with unbelievable happiness. Marriage won't be easy, but I know you will work through all the difficulties. You are a strong woman and my role model in so many ways. God made you extra special and made your husband especially for you! I am so excited to watch you both grow into husband and wife. You will be the next power couple, like Nathan and Haley, Chuck and Blair, William and Kate, or Johnny and June. I am so proud of you and I know you are going to be the most beautiful bride the world has seen. I am so excited to be witnessing your special day, thank you for letting me be a part of it!

I love you now and forever.