An Open Letter To My Bed Tent

An Open Letter To My Bed Tent

Love is a good night's sleep.

32
An Open Letter To My Bed Tent
Reader's Digest

My dearest Privacy Pop,

To say that I love being in bed is a wild understatement. Every moment that I can spend wrapped up in blankets and avoiding the daily struggles of existing in a modern society is a moment well spent. While beds in and of themselves make for the perfect companion, you have made my bed-going experience infinitely more inviting and delightful.

The moment my mom sarcastically sent me a link to you asking if you would make a good birthday present, I knew I had to have you. The prospect of creating a cozy, dark, isolated space in which I could drift off to far away lands within my unconscious seemed too good to be true. While my mom thought I was joking, I insisted that we would truly be a match made in heaven.

When I first installed you in my dorm room, your enchanting purple hue flooded the space, instantly bringing me unparalleled joy. After your quick and easy set-up I crawled up onto my newly lofted bed cave and immediately felt right at home. I could see that the semester ahead would be full of enlightening bouts of unconsciousness and half-hearted attempts at completing readings before officially hitting the hay.

Photo credit to my incredible mother for immortalizing our incredibly precious first moments together.

You help me deflect the piercing rays of what I once described to my roommate as the "worthless sunrise," allowing for beautiful, restful mornings until I have to prepare for my afternoon classes. Having the ability to sleep straight through to 1PM is the only superpower I'll ever need.

Though my friends crack jokes about how I only brought you into my life so I could maintain secret affairs directly under the nose of my roommate, I know better. As your confines are far from soundproof and altogether inhospitable for any rambunctious sexual exploits, I'll never have to inform my beloved campus housing companion that I'll be needing the room later, though she'll always be sure to inquire.

You are my faithful companion for all of my Netflix binges and late nights turned early mornings. No matter where I roam I know I'll always have a snuggly nook to crawl home to.

My only hope is that when I graduate and move into what us in the business refer to as a "real apartment" that I'll be able to refurbish you into a delightful reading nook, encasing a plethora of throw pillows and blankets atop a semi-affordable futon.

In darkness and in light, in sickness and in health, may we live happily ever after.

Fondly,

Your loving inhabitant