An Open Letter to Everyone That Has Walked Out of my Life

Whether it is a friend, family member, significant other, people tend to walk out on your life and you have things you wish you could say.

835
Chrome Geek

Hello There,

Long time, no talk. It's been awhile since we last spoke. It may surprise you but I wonder everyday what life would be like if you were still in my life.I often think about where was it that we; or myself, went wrong. Maybe there was something else I could've said or done to make you want to stay in my life. I have often thought about what I would say to you if our paths ever crossed again. I have carefully formulated the words and feelings I would express to you once this encounter occurred. At the end of the day I honestly don't know what I would say to you. It seems as though all of the words I have planned to say to you just are not enough to express how I've felt since you walked out. Out of all of the things I could say there is only one thing on my mind that I have an urgency to express to you.

Thank you.

Not what you expected, right?

But seriously, thank you. Thank you for leaving because without the hardships of trying to replace the void you left, you have made me a much stronger person and for that I am better. I have realized that your place in my life never would have lasted, and for many that place never should have been left open for you in the first place. You have taught me the importance of establishing a guard and maintaining that guard and to not just let it down for anyone. I have learned that trust does not come easy and to be weary of newcomers in my life. I used to question everyday "why" we parted ways but I no longer do. I am since thankful for your departure because it has made me so much better and so much stronger.

I use to wonder what life is like for you now; I no longer do. You no longer cross my mind and I no longer worry about what went wrong because all though our relationships went wrong, it went right for me. So thank you. Thank you for teaching me all of the life lessons I needed in order to survive in a world where you do not know anyone's true intentions. Thank you for walking away and leaving me to pick up the pieces in order to rebuild myself and restrengthen myself.

I wish you well and I wish you luck and I wish you are fortunate enough to learn all of the lessons I've learned since you left.

Sincerely,

A Stronger, Better Person.