An Open Letter to Dresses

An Open Letter to Dresses

You really are a beautiful piece of fabric

55

This one is for you, dresses. You are the true MVP of the hot summer months. You and your cute designs, fun colors and all around pretty aesthetic make my life better. Not only are you adorable, but you are a better option to pants. Now, I know you might hear that a lot, but it's true. Pants are nothing compared to you. You make my legs feel free, you give me even more of a reason to shove my freshly shaved leg into people's faces to show off how smooth they are. All in all, you're just a wonderful addition to my closet.

Now I know that we haven't really had the best relationship in life. I thought I was once too "cool" for dresses, or that they were "too girly" for my style, but in reality, I just missed out on years of true comfort because I was above dresses. But I have learned my lesson and now, I am hooked for life.

Here I stand, looking at my closet full of floral dresses that can turn into little bells if you pretend you're a little girl and spin around a lot, and I think about how lucky I am to be able to wear these dresses without people mocking me. And I think about how lucky I am to be able to walk around in these pieces of comfort fabric for all the world to see how cute I feel.

Dresses are the most comfortable things next to big sweatshirts but in these hot months, sweatshirts aren't really the best option. And if you know me, I could live in a sweatshirt for the rest of my life and I would be happy. But you, dresses, you got me hooked. And needless to say, you fulfill my comfort quota. Sweatshirts in the winter and fall and dresses in the spring and summer, it's perfect. It's the absolute perfect completion to my life.

You've controlled my life, I'd like you to know. Now anytime I'm in a store or in the mall, I have to go into every store to see if there are any more beautiful styles that I don't have or that I want to try out. It's becoming a problem and you are completely the one to blame. Don't get me wrong, it's an addiction that I am willing to continue, but I just thought you should know that you are probably the reason why I have no money and my paychecks are only in my bank account for a few hours.

But all in all, I must say thank you. Thank you for being there to make me feel cute. Thank you for being there to make me feel beautiful and wonderful. Thank you for finally giving me an image I actually like to see in the mirror. I haven't been happy with my reflection in a long time and you have helped me combat that.

I can't wait to spend more money on you and take you on more summer adventures.

Stay beautiful, you gorgeous piece of fabric.