An Open Letter To Bullies In School Sports

Bullying Is Whack Get On The Right Track

33
pexels.com

Bullying defined as an abuse and mistreatment of someone vulnerable by someone stronger, more powerful, etc, as defined in Merriam-Webster. We have all been bullied before in our lives, whether it was on the internet, face-to-face, or behind our backs.

Shutterstock

We have all experienced it. Something is usually considered bullying when the joke that’s being made about the person keeps going like a pattern. Bullying usually happens in school because the first friends you ever make in your lives, you met in your school. And the first bullies we ever had, we’ve met in school. Am I right?

The first time I’ve been bullied was in third grade when I first started playing football. One day during recess time my best friend Ryne told me that we should that we should go play football with the other kids. He had started playing FM Football so he already was ahead of me in playing football and I was far behind. When we were picking teams we were both picked last because it was our first day so I understood why.

But the second day Ryne got picked way before me and I knew why: he was more experienced and I wasn't. Ever since that day I started playing football, people have been calling me derogatory names, and have been excluded from their activities.

Shutterstock

Even though I was bullied, my best friend Ryne still encouraged me to not quit football. As we got older the bullying got worse but I was pretty unflappable. I wasn't really bothered by their negativity until fifth grade started. That's when the body starts changing.

So whenever I get criticized I get mad. As I got through the year I got better but people still made fun of me because of how I was in the past. So then I started doing camps with them just to improve my skill. Then when middle school started that's when it all stopped because I passed all of them.

I was stronger, faster, improved more than they ever had. Then I started making fun of them, which was not the right thing to do. Just because someone makes fun of you doesn't mean you can do it back. It's not the best solution to fight fire with fire. What I'm basically trying to tell you if you ever get bullied based on your athletic ability just ignore the bully or bullies.

Or even get new friends, that's one of the advantages about being in sports easier to make friends, you all have the same interests. And always work hard to get good at something, don't just quit. Always finish something you start, always persevere and you'll always accomplish your goals.

Most bullies just bully you just to discourage you and make you feel bad for yourself so you can't top them in the sport you're in, maybe you're both fighting for a certain position or maybe get on a certain team. And if you're a bully, it's not a good decision to bully someone just to top them in something, and make the person feel bad about themselves.

If you want to get better just simply ask your coach for recommended exercises to sharpen your skills. Bullying someone isn't going to make you any better. And besides that type of behavior is unsportsmanlike. So just make right choices and always work hard.