An Open Letter To All My College Friends Transferring

Make sure to spend every moment you can with those who mean the most to you

228
google images

I have never been good with goodbyes; whether it be eating the last bite of an amazing bacon cheeseburger or hugging my parents goodbye as they dropped me off at my dorm. After having one of the best years of my life, my freshman year of college, I have had to say goodbye to a lot of friends that happen to not be coming back in the fall.

As much as I may not want to admit it, I am really going to miss bumping into you at the gym and asking you to spot me. I am going to miss not having a convenient date for my next themed date dash. I am going to miss eating Pringles with you at three in the morning and laughing over stupid mishaps that we got ourselves into the previous night. I am going to miss my pool buddies and sharing heart to hearts. I am going to miss constantly having someone there to remind me of how nerdy I actually am. More importantly, I am going to miss your presence in my life. I am going to miss you.

I know this quote is super cliché, “You don’t know what you have until its gone,” but that is really true. I made some amazing friendships and met some of the most down to earth and funny individuals. You are truly remarkable people and have had such a large influence on my life already. It is very hard to imagine next semester and the rest of my college years without you.

Looking back, I wish that I had the chance to spend even more time with you because the time we had together was so short. I wish that I spontaneously knocked on your door just one more time second semester. I wish that I did not take advantage of all the time I thought we had. I wish I had gone to that party to dance with you just one last time. I wish that I told you how I felt about you before it was too late.

I have realized that I cannot go back in time, and I am so glad you were a part of my life this past year. I know that even though we may not live down the hall or in the same state or side of the country our friendships won’t end. We can still FaceTime and I will still screenshot your silly faces on Snapchat. I cannot wait to catch up on your college experiences and maybe one day make memories together again.

As sad as I am to see you go, I know that it is for the best. I know that you will do incredible things in the future and touch so many other hearts the way you have touched mine. Wherever your next adventure takes you, make sure to jump in with both feet first and take opportunities that come your way. Tell the people that you care about, how you feel and make sure to spend every moment you can with those who mean the most to you. If by some chance, life does lead you back to Arizona, please stop by and say “Hi” to me. I am really going to miss you.