12 American Music Festivals College Girls Who Love Concerts Should Attend In 2019

I absolutely love attending concerts and am always on the lookout for a great show.

79
Paige Ryan

I absolutely love attending concerts and am always on the lookout for a great show. A music festival is a great way to see a lot of artists that you like in one place. I've been to a couple so far, most recently Carolina Rebellion in Charlotte, NC. There are tons of great music festivals around the country. Here are my picks for the music festivals I'd love to attend in 2019.

1. Coachella: Indio, CA ~ April 12 - 21

Coachella is the quintessential music festival. A lot of people say it's over-hyped, but the lineup is what has made the festival a bucket list item for me. They have such a diverse lineup there's something for everyone. Every year, I see artists that I would love to see live on their lineup. In 2019, Coachella is featuring Childish Gambino, Tame Impala, Kacey Musgraves, Bad Bunny, J. Balvin, Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande, and more.

2. Shaky Knees: Atlanta, GA ~ May 3 - 5

Shaky Knees is a rock-themed festival in the heart of Atlanta. This year, it features headliners such as Tame Impala and up and coming artist Tash Sultana. You can find tickets here.

3. Rolling Loud: Miami, FL ~ May 10 - 12

One of the most hyped festivals this year is Rolling Loud in Miami. It boasts an impressive lineup, including Migos, Cardi B, 21 Savage, Juice Wrld, and Tyga. Tickets go on sale February 1 so you can snag them here.

4. Electric Daisy Carnival: Las Vegas, NV ~ May 17 - 19

If electronic music is more your thing, EDC is your destination. EDC takes 'carnival' seriously: beyond the music there are rides, art installations, and performers. And in true Vegas style, you can even get married at EDC. Check out tickets here.

5. Hangout: Gulf Shores, AL ~ May 17 - 19

Hangout Fest is the ultimate summer experience. A musical vacation by the ocean. 2019's artists include Cardi B and Diplo. You can purchase your tickets here.

6. Bonnaroo: Manchester, TN ~ June 13 - 16

Bonnaroo is a music AND arts festival, so there's plenty to see and do. This year, top artists include Phish, Post Malone, Childish Gambino, and Cardi B. They have payment plans for tickets, which you can get here.

7. Firefly: Dover, DE ~ June 21 - 23

Firefly is another awesome multi-genre fest. You can hang out in your hammock in the glowing woods in this camp-themed festival. 2019 headliners include Panic! At the Disco, Death Cab for Cutie, and Post Malone. You can grab tickets here.

8. Electric Forest: Rothbury, MI ~ June 27 - 30

Electric Forest is the destination for a euphoric experience. The lineup includes electronic music and jam bands. At the heart of Electric Forest is Sherwood Forest. By day, fans collect among hundreds of hammocks that drape between the clustered trees. At night, Sherwood Forest turns electric with light displays.

9. Pitchfork: Chicago, IL ~ July

Pitchfork is an awesome alternative music festival in Chicago. While 2019's artists & dates have not yet been announced, previous artists have included Beach House, Tame Impala, Japanese Breakfast, and Fleet Foxes.

10. Lollapalooza: Chicago, IL ~ Aug 1 - 4

Lollapalooza usually features electronic, hip-hop, and rock music. It's been going on since 1991 and features some of Chicago's best eats. In 2018, featured artists included Bruno Mars, Post Malone, and Arctic Monkeys. The lineup for 2019 is yet to be announced, but you can sign up for e-mail alerts here.

11. Austin City Limits: Austin, TX ~ October 5 - 14

Austin is known as the live music capital of the world, and even the music festivals are bigger in Texas. In 2018, Paul McCartney, Metallica, Travis Scott, and Camila Cabello were on the lineup. 2019 is still to be decided, but you can sign up for updates here.

12. Voodoo Music + Arts: New Orleans, LA ~ October 25 - 27

Voodoo is a truly one of a kind festival in New Orleans, held around Halloween. Expect great food, music, and costumes. Last year's lineup included Mumford & Sons, Modest Mouse, Marilyn Manson, Travis Scott, and Odesza. Tickets for 2019 will go on sale later this year.

Music festivals can be transforming experiences. There's so much to see and do and every festival has its own unique features. No matter what kind of music you listen to, you can find your niche. And music festivals are held all over the United States. I definitely recommend learning more and adding one to your bucket list.