What is America Today? (Part two)

According to JCole from the song be free “Can you tell me why every time I step outside I see my [people] die Ooh I am letting you know that it aint no gun they make that can kill my soul oh no” Discrimination has been a big issue in police brutality cases For example, Mike Brown and Eric Garner have been similar cases of black men getting killed by white police officers. The police officers have not gotten indicted which makes it seem like a case of discrimination. Thus making it seem as though white people win and black people don’t. Black people are angry and fed up which makes them feel like they're always in the bottom of the pyramid .As stated in the NY Times, there been a pattern of police killings of unarmed African American males. Around the time of Brown’s death. Eric Garner was killed on a Staten Island street on July 17. John Crawford III was killed in a Wal-Mart in Beavercreek, Ohio, on Aug. 5, four days before Brown. Levar Jones survived being shot by a South Carolina state trooper on Sept. 4. Tamir Rice, 12 years old, was killed in a Cleveland park on Nov. 23, the day before the Ferguson grand jury opted not to indict Wilson. Sadly, the list has grown longer.

Chokeholds been banned in New York City by NYPD since 1993, Eric garner repeatedly said I can't breathe when he initially became unction’s and Pantaleo and four medics at the scene didn’t give garner CPR in a cell phone video it showed that neither the police or the EMT did not try to perform CPR clearly Eric was unction. there was no need for his life to end that way just because they had a suspicion that he was selling cigarettes it was an injustice that they NYPD committed by not penalizing Daniel Pantaleo Eric Garner pleading to breathe 11 times would lead to no indictment. It proves even the worst offenders can go free as long as they wear a badge. According to the Washington post “Blacks and whites also hold different views on the police use of deadly force. Blacks are much more likely than whites to think race played a major role in the deaths of both Eighty four percent of blacks say police are most likely to use deadly force against blacks, while most whites say race is not a factor. More than four in five blacks are disappointed or angry about the lack of equality”.

I believe that there a division between police officers and communities I believe that insisted of people looking at police officers as the hero’s they look at them as they enemy. Police officers are here to protect us putting their lives at risk for others. Every job has its pros and cons there police officers that do their job right and there others that don’t. Some police officers abuse their powers for example sometimes it’s because some police officers are too young and don’t have the proper training others abuse their power because they gain so much authority and they feel superior. Some abuse their power because they may feel threatened by a specific race or community. I feel like African Americans are very resentful especially the older generation when it comes to white because of the different experience that have happened from the beginning of times so when situations like the Eric garner happens it always a division between blacks and white and the people who are affected the most are the community.

According to J Cole from the song be free. “All we want to do is take the chains off all we want to do is break the chains off all we want to do is be free all we want to do is be free. All we want is peace all we want is to be equal belong in this nation .We need to become more united as a nation we need to let go of that hate and reassessment we need to see each other as one and have each other back discrimination it not only a black people issue it everybody’s issue because a couple of years from now generations are going to be VI racial and we all need to accept each other and understand that were all made from the same dirt and when we die were all going to the same hole rich or poor black, whites, Hispanics etc. No matter of what race culture religion as a nation we need to change our mentality leave what happened in the past in the past because that they only way we will grow and become better people and stop this division and just agree on whats right and wrong not what black and white.