Everything You Need To Know For Amazon Prime Day 2019

It's basically Cyber Monday but in July.

1953
Amazon

With one of the best cyber days of the year starting today, here's everything you need to know for Amazon Prime Day.

What Is Amazon Prime Day?

Launched in 2015, Amazon Prime Day is the sitewide sale of all sales. Prime Day has deals on everything from makeup to electronics, to Amazon products. In order to purchase a Prime Day deal, you must be a Prime member. If you're not a member yet, now is the time to sign up. If you are hesitant about committing for a year, then sign up for a 30-day trial so that you have access to all of the Prime Day deals.

If you're a college student, you can try a 6-month trial of Amazon Prime (and pay just half-price once the trial is over!).

When Is Amazon Prime Day?

For the first time ever, this year's Amazon Prime Day will actually last for two whole days. Starting 3am EST on Monday, July 15, the sale will continue for 48 hours, until July 17 at 3am ET.

Are The Deals Worth It?

Yes and no. If it is an item that you have been eying for a while, now is the time to go for it. You most likely won't see deals like these again until Black Friday. While there will be a ton of things that you actually want to buy, don't get lost in the bottomless Amazon hole.

Are There Any Deals Going On Right Now?

Yes! When Amazon announced Prime Day 2019, they also announced tons of deals - from TVs and headphones to air fryers and beauty products. Make sure to check out our round-up of the best Prime Day deals for college students, which we'll continually update as new deals are released (and trust us, the deals will keep coming until Prime Day wraps up).

What Is Going To Be On Sale?

Pretty much everything... Many Amazon products are on sale, including the Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick, Smart TV, Fire HD 10 Tablets, and much more. Apple Watches and iPads are also up to 30% off. There are countless lightning deals throughout the day, so make sure to keep checking for updates. On top of all that, there are sizable discounts on Amazon services like Prime Video (50% off select premium channels and discounted movie rentals), Audible (66% off for 3 months) and Twitch (lots of merch on sale).

Is There Anything Else I Should Know?

Yes! This year, Amazon added another perk to sweeten the Prime Day deal: a live concert where Taylor Swift will be performing live with Dua Lipa, SZA, Becky G, and host Jane Lynch. The concert will take place on July 10 at 9pm ET, and is free to watch for all Prime members. So make sure to sign up for your 30-day free Prime trial (or the 6 month student trial) if you don't have a membership yet!

Note: As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.