7 Thank-Yous For The Best Friend Back Home You're Missing More Than Ever

Because I really miss you and I don't tell you enough how amazing you are.

521
Saige Rozanc-Petski

Being away at college can get really hard sometimes but what makes it even harder is being far away from your closest friends and family. Some days when you just need someone to talk to that really knows you, it can make you feel completely alone. I’ve had a few of these days lately that left me missing my best friend back home more than you can imagine.

So, to that wonderful best friend, I want to thank you for your amazing friendship and all these things that you do for me.

Thank you for…

1. Letting me vent

We both know I get a little carried away about certain things (mostly the same things over and over again) but you always listen patiently and to be listened to is such an amazing feeling.

2. Supporting my passions

I’ve worked so hard on my photography and my writing and you show equal pride in me. I could tell you I want to become a competitive knitter and you would stand by me.

3. Always being up for a beach trip

As one of those people that is always excited to go do things when other people would rather hang out at home, thank you for always wanting to go do things with me, beach trips, days at universal, mall trips and days when we’ve done all of the above are why I love you

4. Coming whenever I need you (even if you are a little late)

You would drive the ten hours between us at the drop of a hat if I needed you too and I know that. Although you are late to literally everything it’s what makes you you and I love that too.

5. Buying as much as me when we go shopping

We both go a little overboard when we go shopping but the crazy things we spend money on are half the reason we work so well.

6. Showing me that it’s okay to be a sweet girl

In a world where the idea of being a badass is valued above being a nice person, you show me that you can, in fact, be both, and you do it so beautifully.

7. Making me feel comfortable

Most of all, thank you for making me feel like I can always be my silly, anxious, weird, intense self without any judgment because you’ll always love me no matter what.