I Am Thankful For The Friends I Lost

I Am Thankful For The Friends I Lost

They helped shape me into the person I am today.
106

Many times I hear people say hateful things towards their ex-friends and talk bad about them and say how they wish they never met them. When you have a friend break up, it is natural to feel hurt and angry and upset. Believe me, I know.

I was the same way when it came to those emotions. I gave in on multiple occasions to gossiping or taking my anger out by saying something mean. The one thing I never said was that I wish I had never met them.

I believe that God puts people in your life for a reason.

Everyone you meet and let into your life impacts you in some way or another. They help shape you into who you are in some way. Everyone in my life has definitely impacted me; no matter how big or small.

After the friend breakups I had, I was extremely hurt and sad and alone. I had lost people that I told everything to and it really happened all at once. Junior and senior year of high school I lost some of the most important friends I had had in high school.

I remember just thinking how could I have gone from coming into high school with a million and one friends to losing some of the most important people to me. I didn't lose everyone, and I am so grateful for the friends I do still have from high school (I am so excited to see you all on break!), but I did lose some really close friends.

I didn't realize the effect these girls had in my life until I came to college.

All of the friends I have had have helped me realize what I want in myself and my relationships. They have helped me learn what I want in a friend. I have learned what kind of people I want to surround myself with and the people I don't want to surround myself with.

They have also taught me so much about myself. I realized things that weren't so good about myself. I learned to not act in anger and look at all sides of a situation before coming to conclusions. I learned how to be a better friend and really be a positive influence on someone.

Coming to college, all these lessons helped me build a strong foundation and know what I want. Because of everything I learned from these people I was able to know what people I wanted to surround myself with and not get caught up in the wrong crowds.

So, I just want to say how thankful I am to everyone I knew in high school. I was challenged in so many ways and really grew as a person because of all of you. Thank you for showing me things about myself that I didn't know I needed to know.

I am glad you were all a part of my life. I wouldn't change any of it. I had some of my best times with you and I hope you all are living it up in college. I hope you all have found your people and are having an amazing time.

Thank you for the lessons that you have taught me. I am grateful for everything you have given me. I would not be the person I am today without you all.