Am I Getting Nowhere?

Am I Getting Nowhere?

Sometimes I really question if I am making any progress.

10
Am I Getting Nowhere?

Am I ever going to get where I want to be in life? And why do I even want to get there? Who made this place up? I feel like I need a sign that I'm on the path that is right for me.

Maybe I'm just being impatient. Or maybe I just need a drink. Life isn't a competition, however, I can't help but compare myself to those closely around me. Should I stop trying to do more? It doesn't get me any further than the next person who is even less experienced than me and I'm already considered "inexperienced."

I feel like I'm not given the same chances because I don't have a fancy degree. I know that's true because I have to work twice as hard to get the same pay or even just get my foot in the door. Will I ever have a seat at the table or ever be a highly sought after candidate for anything?

Or maybe I am doing just fine. But on that note, I don't want to be doing just fine. Sometimes it feels like I am constantly on this path to nowhere. Will I ever be satisfied professionally with where I am at? Or, will I always be doing extra things on the side to eventually get further. Maybe I am overreacting and just having a mid-20s life crisis. If that isn't a thing, it really should be. I feel like this is the age where you start to question where you are headed and shit starts getting real.

It is hard every day to keep doing the same things and not feeling like all that work is preparing you for something even better. When does the time come? I know it is different for everybody, but sometimes I feel like it wouldn't even matter later if I just stopped what I was doing now.

Deep down, I know the work I am putting in now will pay off later, but damn I really wish it was later already.