Why I Will Always Need My Parents

Why I Will Always Need My Parents

I will never be too old to need my parents.

60
Why I Will Always Need My Parents
google images

Looking back on my childhood, I have warm memories of laughter and games, home cooked meals, traditions and support. I grew up surrounded by love and hugs and a never ending flow of advice and whatever I needed. I was so lucky growing up, and blessed to have parents that would do anything to keep my brothers and me happy. Even though I am past the years of needing to be tucked in to bed at night, or needing chaperones on school field trips, I will never be too old to need my parents.

I will always turn to my dad for a laugh. His humor and way of taking things in stride is inspiring. He lights up rooms and can make friends with anyone because he is always joking and trying to make situations fun.

And I will always need my mom for advice. My mom was my first best friend and I will always turn to her in times of need. Whether I need help figuring out how to make chicken, help planning my wedding, or just someone to gossip with, my mother will always be number one.

And I will always look up to my parents. These two people taught me what love was and gave me something to aspire to be like. They cared more about me and my siblings than about anyone else in the world. They kept us safe and happy and we never questioned whether or not we were loved. And even the way they love each other continues to be something I admire. Years later and they still make each other laugh and send silly text messages while they are apart from each other.

I will never be too old to need a hug from my dad or a good talk with my mom. I will never be too old to find comfort in the four walls of my home or the embrace of my parents. I will always need my parents.