Never Stop Loving Your Pets, Because They Won't Be Around Forever
Nature Animals

You may only have a pet for a portion of your life, but to them you are their life.

64
Photo by Eric Ward on Unsplash

Lately, I've been thinking about my pets at home a lot. When I'm not at home I miss them and when I'm at home I just want to be around them 24/7. Since moving almost 1000 miles from home every interaction I get with an animal feels like the best day ever for me.

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel extreme love towards my pets. Which might sound crazy, I'm pretty much obsessed with them. Pets are more than pets, they're your family.

Pets are always there for you when you need them. If you're feeling sad or lonely, they are there for you. They'll cuddle you and be with there to comfort you in a time of need.

When you're coming home from a bad day at work they're always excited to see you. They get so excited it makes up for that bad day you had at work.

Your pets become your best friends so quickly. Growing up my parents bought me a puppy. I was very young when they bought her. I can remember seeing her for the first time. She was a little fluffy border collie puppy. We named her Elsie. We did practically everything together growing up, she was my partner in crime.

Later on in life, not very long ago. Elsie started to get old and her hearing got bad as well as her back legs. She wasn't herself anymore. It was sad to see her age so quickly. Luckily she still has her upbeat personality we all loved.

Eventually, it was time to say goodbye to my best friend Elsie. She was in a better place though, no longer hurting.

Now, I'm not telling this story to make anyone feel sad or down. I'm telling it in hopes that people can feel a bit more thankful for their pets.

In most cases, we're around for our pets entire lives. From beginning to end. We see them as puppies and then as old dogs. They're always here for us no matter how old they get.

Saying goodbye to our pets, whether that be a dog or a cat or even a bunny is never easy. Just think about all those happy times you had. You were just as important to them as they are to you.

You might only have your pet or pets for a portion of your life and the many years, but for that pet, YOU are their entire life. YOU are the person they get excited to see every day. YOU are the person they wanna go outside and play with. YOU are the person they wanna cuddle on the couch with.

Next time you're home and with your pets, do something special with them or even just sit and hang out with them. If you're at the store and you see treats and want to buy them, do it. You never know how much time you'll get to spend with your beloved furry friend.