No Matter What You Do In Life, It Better Be What You Love

No matter what you do in life, do what you love. What's the point in dedicating your entire week to something you have no love for? Think about how hard it is to get out of bed for your weekend shift at the grocery store–now picture doing that five or more days a week.

Whatever your grocery store looks like, don't chase it. Find something that you want to wake up for. Choose a path that makes you feel empowered. Choose a path that makes you feel whole. If money is the most important thing to you, then it's okay to let it drive you. If you care about something enough, you'll happily get up every day to make it a reality.

Money doesn't make me happy. Money makes life easier. Money makes me more relaxed, but it also makes me unhappy if it's garnered through something I don't love. I chose a career path that wouldn't yield fortunes because I know myself. I'm far too miserable to slide out of bed and shrug through every day at a job I don't enjoy. I'm far too sad to go on living that way for a prolonged period of time.

When deciding what you want to truly pursue, look at why you keep going every day. Do you enjoy being creative? Do you enjoy working with animals? Whatever brings you ultimate joy can ultimately bring you joy. Do what you love and forget the rest. No matter what you decide to do, everyone will have something to say about it. So, why not choose something that you don't mind defending.

No matter what you do in life, do what you love. You won't give up on something you love. You won't look back and regret doing something you loved. Life isn't perfect. Life is short. So, for God's sake, spend it doing the things you love.