Healing Takes Some Alone Time

Being Alone Truly Is The Best Medicine For Healing

It's a scary yet comforting thought to grow.

316
https://www.pexels.com/photo/person-holding-a-green-plant-1072824/

The world today is full of people going through different heartbreaking situations. Whether it be the loss of a loved one, or just an ongoing battle with a type of depression that's controlled one's self for years, every individual person will cope in a different way. Sometimes the grief is just so powerful we feel as if we need to take a break from the world and be alone with our thoughts. Some people may think that being alone will worsen the problem, but people like me know it helps reconnect us with our inner self to make us feel something again.

The thought of being alone doesn't always mean the image that sparks in our heads as a sad, crying person sitting in a dark room with nothing but sad music coming from their laptops. Sometimes it really is just sitting alone watching Netflix or reading a book or snuggled under a blanket. Sometimes it's even sitting in a running shower for an extra twenty minutes. Being alone doesn't have to be depressing like everyone is so quick to think. This is what makes people think that being alone only pushes you farther down the rabbit hole and has no reasoning to help heal the one who is feeling down.

I can testify from experience that being alone has helped me get over some of the biggest obstacles that have occurred in my lifetime. Being around others talking about what has happened or what is going on sometimes can make the problem worse because it keeps getting brought up. It can also make it worse if the people around aren't so sensitive to the issue and speak on their opposing views. When you're alone, you are the one to pick yourself up and help make your mind and body better and healthier. No one's comments or concerns can dampen your healing process.

At the end of the day, no one knows what we're feeling except for ourselves. We are the ones who decides whether or not we want to heal or continue to hurt. No one can tell you when it's time to heal or how long it will take, but spending some time to yourself can help you decide how much time you need to heal and maybe even speed up the process. Yes, it's scary to be alone, but it can also be one of the most comforting things to be at peace with your mind.