Only A Few Days Left

Only A Few Days Left

Lots of things to come.

13
Only A Few Days Left

Only a couple of days until we upcoming freshman get to call ourselves official Ole Miss Rebels. Some of us have been waiting our whole lives, and some of us have been waiting since Ole Miss upset Alabama. No matter how long you have been an Ole Miss fan, you are about to become a part of a very large and ever growing family. A couple days...

Sometimes I sit back, if I have time, and let that sink in. Some move in earlier than others, but the majority of freshman will have been moved in by August 20, and that date is fast approaching. There are a large number of emotions that start to build up in these last few weeks we have spent in the homes we have either lived in our whole lives or the more important parts of our lives. In the beginning, we are all ready to leave. We cannot wait to kick the dust of our crummy towns or big city lives and move into the beautiful town of Oxford, Mississippi. In the beginning, we are all tired of going through the motions with our same old friends and same old jobs and same old boring routines. Very rarely do we get to step out of our comfort zones and experience something new.

College has just given everyone that ability and everyone is ready to seize it. No one is the same, and it’s an even greater experience to be able to find new friends and get to go through new experiences with them. Little does everyone know that no matter how much they want to get away from their parents and old friends, they don’t realize that as the time gets closer, the butterflies and stress starts to kick in. Move-in feels like an eternity away, but when those days are filled with buying dorm stuff, shopping for your hot new outfits, working those last couple of shifts, and spending time with your family and friends… that few day gap just fell to zero.

Next thing you know you are sitting in your dorm with someone from a different state and different experiences and thoughts as you, and you do not have your parents or best friend to come and save you if things turn awkward. You don’t have the comfort of the room you have slept in since you were two; you now have that cruddy old dorm mattress that makes noise with every breath you take. Life will soon drastically change for all of us in the next few days, lots of goodbyes but even more hellos, lots of worry but lots of fun.

In a couple of days we are all going to be set free into this crazy world and it is up to us to figure things out and have the time of our lives. We are all stressing about what is to come, but none of us will have to worry because we are all attending the greatest university in this nation, soon we will get to officially call ourselves Ole Miss Rebels.