All Lives Matter

All Lives Matter

All lives matter no matter what

18
All Lives Matter
Google

With the past weeks and the protesting going on in North Carolina I thought I would write about the topic of the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement.

What is Black Lives Matter?

Black lives matter is an national activist movement that protests against police brutality in African American communities. The founders of this group are Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors, and Opal Tometi. BLM is an attempt for people to protest against police brutality against blacks and it started with the shooting of Treyvon Martian. The group has not accomplished anything as the time has gone on and there have been as many whites shot by police as there has been African Americans.

First Amendment

The first amendment states that anyone has the right to peacefully protest. It is part of being an American citizen that we have the right to do that. Let me say it again “peaceful protest”. I can tell you for sure what is happening in North Carolina and what happened in Baltimore is not a peaceful protest. Just because you are protesting doesn’t mean you have the right to destroy buildings and set them on fire and loot places and people. When you do that you are a criminal. You are breaking the law. The law that we all live under while living in the United States. Martin Luther King Jr was able to peacefully protest and get African American equal rights, so why can’t you? Innocent people are dying in these violent riot that you call a protest. No police officer should have to fear for his life every time he puts on that badge.

What people aren’t seeing

Innocent people are dying in these protests. It’s funny how BLM only protest when a white cop kills a African American. Why? Why don’t you protest when another African American kills another African American? For example, a little girl was shot in the head and now dead because a bullet hit her in the cross fire of a gun battle. Why don’t you protest that? All lives matter. Whether you are brown, purple, white or orange we all bleed red and are the same people. Why is this so hard for people to see?