To All The Hard Working Moms

To All The Hard Working Moms

Moms run on nothing but they are worth everything. They deserve more recognition.
449

Moms don't get enough recognition. They go through so much every minute of every day, and rarely do they get recognition or even a "thank you." Moms are like superheroes. They run on 0-5 hours of sleep most nights for years at a time (I know my mom is going on 19 years now), take care of children around the clock, and most even have a job on top of it all.

My mom not only took care of her three biological children, but she went above and beyond and did foster care as well. We have seen may children come and go, but we have had the privilege to adopt two of the children who have come into our home.

She is such a kind person, and is willing to put in extra time and effort to deal with two young children who need extra special attention. Not every mom will do foster care, but they do just as amazing a job, taking care of their own children and multi-tasking with work, school, traveling, extracurricular activities, and all the chores that are done at home.

Moms make so many sacrifices every day that seem to go over the heads of almost everyone else in their lives. They often eat after everyone else is finished, have to clean it up afterward, they don't have much of a social life because their children come first, and even though it annoys them sometimes, there is nothing more important to them than their kids.

Moms don't get much sleep, they don't get much to eat, they become a driving machine going endless miles to get their family where they need to go, and they don't even have much of a life for 18+ years depending on how many children they have, but at the end of the day, I have never met a mom who says she wouldn't do it all over again.

Since kids seem to grow accustomed to being comfortable, often take things for granted, and forget that everything they have comes from somewhere, I wanted to say thank you to all those moms out there who are working so hard to keep not only their family going, but for keeping their professional life going as well. I know it's hard, and I know some days are a lot harder than I could ever imagine, but it's worth it.

I feel like having one day to appreciate moms isn't nearly enough. Every day, someone should recognize how amazing they are, how hard they work, and should maybe give them a break every once and a while. Moms run on nothing but they are worth everything, even if they don't necessarily believe it.

I don't know where I would be without my mom, because she has gotten me through everything, and she has helped me become the person I am today. She is my best friend, and one of the only people in the world that I feel truly comfortable around. So thank you a million for everything you have done and will continue to do as your children grow and change, but never fully break away from you.