All My Parents Do Is Watch TV Land Re-Runs And I'm Fed Up With It

I'm ripping out this cable box, I swear!

1607
TV Guide

I'm not really sure what it is but some reasons my parents think TV Land is just the hottest channel ever. I mean, yeah, it has some good shows from the past. But hang on. THEY ARE FROM THE PAST. This is 2018. We have the ability to watch anything we want! There are handful of channels out there with brand new, action packed shows. Of course, my parents would never know this though. In our house the TV stays on one channel...

1. Me: Do we really have to watch M*A*S*H* again?

Mom: *says nothing

Dad: * says nothing

That's fine. It's not like we have Netflix shows to catch up on or anything.

2. How my Dad looks when he watches the same shows every night on TV Land.

Someone come get my Dad. Help me, please.

3. When my Mom asks me, "Have we seen this episode before?"

Yes, we did. In fact, we watched it last night too. So bye now.

4. How my parents act when I talk and it's not commercial break yet.

Well, I guess it's punishable by death.

5. Me trying to figure out why we have cable, premium channels, and Netflix but literally just watch the same shows we watched at the turn of the century.

It's almost like we time traveled back to 1999! We have streaming now for a reason!

6. Me to me: I could unplug the cable right now and end this all.

And then they would have no choice BUT to watch Netflix.

7. How my Dad acts as soon as he gets home from work and turns on the TV.

I guess it's just his hobby now.

8. Me: Can we watch an episode of "Longmire" tonight?

Mom: No, it's too late.

Dad: No, it's too late.

*proceeds to watch three more episodes of "Everybody Loves Raymond."

9. Actual footage of my Mom telling me to be quiet when they watch TV.

For real! Who found this video of my Mom!?

10. When it's a marathon of "The Andy Griffith Show" and you just keep hearing that theme song. Over and over again.

SOS. THE WHISTLING NEVER STOPS. SOS.

11. When I'm watching some vampire show on Netflix and my parents yell at me to "turn something good on."

Okay. Well, you know, like some people actually enjoy TV shows from this decade! Okay!?

12. Me: Mom! Dad! These shows are boring! I don't know how you guys watch them every single night!

My parents:

*throws hands into air. That's it! I give up!

13. Me when I sit down to watch TV with my parents every night, full on knowing that we are about to watch the same shows we watched last night. But I do it anyways cause I love my parents.

Alright, ya'll caught me. They are annoying, they laugh at the same jokes of the same re-runs. But come on? Parents are cool!