All my celebrity experiences

Why I Prefer Saving Up To Meet Celebrities

A list of all the stars I was lucky enough to meet!

224
Photo by Starsarelights

People always ask me why I don't spend money on new bags or shoes or cute dresses. It is because I am like those of you who save to spend on experiences. I like music, and I love sports. Watching some of my favorite stars perform live is undoubtedly a joy and a treat I give to myself.

As I was going through my phone while backing up my computer, I came across some of the most exciting photos. I thought these would be fun to share. This list is me recounting my experiences with a brief description of my interaction with my favorite celebrities.

Whenever I have shown the pictures to anyone around me, they always had a lot of questions such as what the star was like in person, what they said to me, how my experience was, or basically what the interaction was like.

My answer to the last question is always, "AMAZING!"

1. Nick Jonas

Nick Jonas at Trees in Dallas for his solo tour.

Maha Razi

The Jonas Brothers and the Camp Rock season are something almost everyone knows about, whether fans or not. I was absolutely a part of that fandom. At that time, however, I surprisingly had no idea that there was such thing as a Meet and Greet until Nick Jonas went on his solo tour and did a show in Dallas at Trees.

I was nervous as it was going to be the first time I would see one of the Jonas brothers in person. Then Nick Jonas walked downstairs and walked right past me to take his spot in the center for photos. I froze, then dramatically walked over to get my selfie.

Nick Jonas said, "Hi how are you?"

I foolishly replied with, "Hi. Maha."

He smiled, said, "nice to meet you," then held my phone and took a selfie. It's poor quality since I was not much of a "keep your technology up to date" person until that day when I realized I needed a better camera) He said thanked me, and to this day I recount this experience with the biggest grin.

2. Nick Jonas—Again! This time even more surreal!

Nick Jonas at the Christmas Jingle Ball event at Hilton in Dallas.

Maha Razi

At the Hilton hotel, Nick Jonas hosted a last minute Christmas Jingle Ball Meet and Greet, which luckily I got be a part of. The star walked around the room, greeting everyone individually and signing Christmas cards. I wish I could go into more detail about my awkward answers and greetings, but I was too stunned to be properly thinking.

We got a professional photo, this time in front of the Christmas tree, and before it was time for him to head out his PR manager asked: "Do you all who want to play Heads Up with Nick?"

While Nick Jonas held the cards above his head, the rest of us were acting the words out. Yep! This happened! Surreal.

3. Joe Jonas

Cake By The Ocean - DNCE in Austin, TX

Maha Razi

At the venue in Austin, TX, DNCE came out of their tour bus, and this time I got to see another Jonas brother. I gestured towards them and held up the peace sign, and they all motioned back. I went with the peace sign because the crowd was waving and yelling, and I wanted to stand out. It worked!

Photo time! The DNCE members were extremely nice and greeted me so well. I was holding a water bottle and my ticket, so Joe Jonas asked me if I would allow him to set my water and ticket down on the side until after the picture if I did not want to hold them. After the picture, he went to the table and grabbed my things himself to hand them back to me. He is so sweet!

Also, the concert was amazing.

4. Roger Federer

I got into sports, particularly tennis, in 2016. I knew about Roger Federer as the GOAT (Greatest Of All Time): "The man. The myth. The legend." Hence, now that I started to play tennis, watching the masters in the sport live became a wish I had to go after.

Federer announced a charity exhibition match in San Jose, California. This was Match for Africa 5. This fun-filled match was a doubles between the adorable Savannah Guthrie partnering with Jack Sock vs. Federer and none other than Bill Gates.

I got VIP tickets, which enabled me to participate in a short Q&A! The host of the Q&A, also known as the voice of the NY Open, took only a few questions. I did not plan on letting this opportunity go and yelled off the top of my lungs "QUICK QUESTION!"

I asked him, "If you could replay any of the matches that you have played before, which one would it be?" His answer is shown in the video above.

I still haven't gotten over the moment and still can't stay calm when watching the video.

Fun Extras: There was a lady dressed up in a yellow costume that had a frill with tennis balls hanging from it! Yep, fandoms are amazing!

5. Bollywood—Dabangg Reloaded Tour Featuring Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Jacqueline Fernandez, Sonakshi Sinha, Daisy Shah, Prabhu Deva, and Manish Paul

Dabangg Reloaded Tour in Dallas.

Maha Razi

The Dabangg Reloaded tour was the biggest Bollywood event of this year. I gladly took the opportunity to volunteer for the Meet and Greet session. My job was to tear off the wristbands once fans got their photos taken.

Salman Khan's fans are aware of the SalMania, and so I do not have to elaborate on that. Once people got a glimpse of the star, they caused mayhem. Even after getting pushed and stepped on, I managed to get my photo.

As I walked by to take my spot, I was able to greet all the celebrities. Of course when I said, "Hi," Salman Khan politely said, "Hello," and that, as you can imagine, made up for all the chaos.

The concert in the evening was a brilliant and great end to a very eventful day.

6. ZaidAliT

Zaid Ali at a PSA event at The University of Texas at Dallas.

Maha Razi

Last but not least: a selfie with the hilarious and talented YouTuber Zaid Ali at an event at The University of Texas at Dallas. I told him about my favorite videos of his and what a great inspiration he is for all those starting out in the entertainment business.