An Open Letter To My Little

An Open Letter To My Little

In the middle of my Little mess, I forgot how Big I'm blessed.

Facebook

Dear Little(s),

When you came through recruitment, I knew you had to be my little sister. Every day of recruitment I prayed that you would come back to our party. I hoped that you wanted us just as badly as we wanted you. Then, bid day came. I got to see you run home to us. I instantly found you and needed to get pictures with my rush crush and hopefully soon-to-be little!

There was something about us that just clicked. You were fun, sassy, witty, and basically just another version of myself. Not to mention that you were also the cutest thing I had ever seen. Of course, everything has to be approved by big...and she loved you! She was going to be your grand-big after all. Then comes the anxiety of hoping you loved me as much as I loved you. Even if you did love me, there is no way you were as obsessed with me as I was with you.

Big/Little week came and we were a match! Now I got to spoil you with your favorite treats, crafts, and shirts all leading up to reveal. The reveal came and the tension in the room was insane. I was finally revealed to you and we had the stereotypical jumping and screaming and hugging because we were officially Big and Little.

Let me go ahead and say thank you. Thank you so much for allowing me to be your mentor and role model. I strive to be the best I can be for you and I am so proud when you say you look up to me. You make me be the best version of myself that I can possibly be. Thank you for letting me call and vent about school, work, a boy, and anything else anytime I need to. Thank you for making me feel beautiful and special. Thank you for all the adorable paddles and presents over the years. Thank you for being you and allowing me to be me.

You are a strong, intelligent, brave, and beautiful young woman. You will accomplish so many things in your lifetime. Don't ever be afraid to step up and be a leader, don't be afraid to push against the current, don't be afraid to try new things. Don't ever let a boy get you down because you are the most gorgeous, funny, and damn near perfect girl there is and any boy would be lucky to have you.

Even though I will be an alum soon. I want you to always remember that I will be your big no matter what. When we're old and senile, I will still be your big sister. If you're having a mid-life crisis and want to quit your job and travel the country, call your big. If you're having a baby and need someone to help paint the nursery, call your big. If you need to get wine drunk and watch the Bachelor, call your big.

Please know that no matter the time, place, or situation, I will always be your big and I love you so much.

Xoxo,

Your Big