AirPods: The Finale

AirPods: The Finale

We've reached the end of my AirPods stories.

40
AirPods: The Finale
Marc Anthony Brown

For months now, my journey to obtaining AirPods has populated my Odyssey profile. This series of articles have described my story from beginning to end. From the tragic origins of broken earbuds to the most recent Apple Store fiasco. Now it is time to finish this series. Every good tale comes to an end and that is what's going to happen today. So come along with me as I discuss the end of my AirPods journey.

In my last article, I talked about how Apple screwed up my custom AirPod order. I was given two options of either accepting a pair non-engraved AirPods or call a toll-free number and not be guaranteed a pair. So I took the AirPods and in the initial couple of weeks, they were buggy and not up to standard. I legitimately thought I was given a janky pair of headphones and contemplated returning them. And I never return anything I buy so you know I meant business. So the school year has just started and now it's either airpods or walk the streets of Athens in silence. And surprisingly, the AirPods work fine now. It seems that the more I used them the more they started to mellow out. Which is a strange business tactic by Apple? Either that or I just have a weird pair.

In the weeks leading up to school, I decided to give my AirPods case some personality since I didn't get the engraving. So I went to Amazon and purchased a Mike Wazowski case. Let me tell you that the case definitely helps me stand out from the crowd. It was easy to slip on and now whenever I am looking for my case it is super easy to spot it. Anyways, let's discuss the actual product. The pros and cons now that I've used these things for two months or so.

Right off the bat, these AirPods sound just like regular Apple wired earbuds. Which is not a bad thing, the sound quality gets the job done and can get pretty loud when need be. This tiny thing packs a punch with sound. Speaking of small, the size of the AirPods make it easy to lay in bed and not having to worry about a tangled wired or the edge of the headphone rubbing up against anything. And not having a wire to worry about has been a blessing. Unlike other people, I adapted with the wires. I used to stuff it underneath my shirt. Out of sight, out of mind. But truth be told, I would eventually pull the wire from underneath my shirt if it was restricting access to my phone. Now I don't have to worry about any wires and it is so satisfying to be able to just take out the AirPods and putting them in a case. With that sweet clicking noise to shut it.

My AirPods CaseMarc Anthony Brown

An added bonus to having AirPods is my new Apple Watch. What do I mean by this? Well, I will be honest, I wasn't planning on buying an Apple Watch this summer. I don't want to classify it as an impulse buy because I actually use it every day. Tracking my steps or answering texts and stuff like that. It's much easier to look at my watch then pull out my phone to check the weather. Now thanks to the combined efforts of my watch and headphones, I can pause and play songs by just touching my watch face. I know that having my watch is an indirect plus to the AirPods since I don't need to pull out my phone but I don't care I love it. It makes me feel like James Bond checking my watch of the future from MI6.

An example of the interface with the Apple Watch connected to musicMarc Anthony BRown

There are some downsides to having the AirPods. The main one I've found is maybe just sometimes it feels a little too easy for them to fall out. Like maybe it's just my anxiety but I am cautious of where I walk when I have them on in case one slips out and falls down a drain. Other than that, there is no big glaring problem with the headphones.

Welp, that's it. I finally reached the end of this AirPods journey. A lot of time has passed, I went from a smuck with wired headphones to Tony freaking Stark. Call me the next Iron Man! All jokes aside, I am content with my purchase now. Sure there are ways to improve these airpods but for now, I enjoy them. Thanks for tagging along on this adventure!