7 Ways To Make Air Travel Safer During COVID-19

Feel A Lil' Better: Because Air Travel Looks Different Now

If you have to travel, you can — you just have to take a few extra steps.

1246

As we are learning how to live our lives in the midst of a pandemic, one big question being travel. States that were initially labeled coronavirus (COVID-19) epicenters, like New York and New Jersey, are extra cautious in how freely residents can travel and then come home. Other states may not have the same travel restrictions as the epicenters, but one thing is for sure — no matter where you fly within the United States, that trip will look different than your usual summer vacation. Sure, it can still happen, you just need to take a few more steps to make sure your trip will go smoothly.

Each week, we're bringing you the best resources and influencers to give you a health boost. Here's what we're following this week regarding air travel in the time of COVID-19.

Make sure you check with your state's quarantine requirements. 

Some states will require you to quarantine for 14 days after you arrive, and ask that you don't travel to certain states with higher infection rates. Check with your state's official government website for the most recent travel restrictions.

The airline will ask that you wear a mask.

Aside from brief moments of drinking and eating, all airlines are asking that you keep your face mask on — covering your mouth and your nose. Don't have a comfy mask that you want to wear? No problem, we made you a list.

Bring those sanitary wipes.

Airlines are already taking extra precautions in making sure you get on a clean aircraft. That being said,

And don't forget the hand sanitizer.

Airports are already kind of gross. While many airports are setting up hand sanitation stations, having a personal bottle of hand sanitizer ensures you're never without.

Some gloves could be a good idea.

You won't be the only person who has gloves on your flight, but you won't be in the majority. Go with your gut — if adding gloves to your flight plan will give you more peace of mind then, by all means, go for it.

Bring your own snacks. 

Frankly, this is a good idea even when we aren't in a pandemic. But thinking about how you can avoid contact with other people's germs, bringing your own snacks will save you a trip to that overpriced (and frequented) convenience store.

Wash your clothes when you land. 

Who wants to keep wearing their airplane clothes anyway? No thank you.

There is only so much you can do in order to be completely germ-free in your day-to-day life. But simple, easy steps give you extra cleanliness and peace of mind as you begin to travel again.

Is there a wellness resource you'd like to see featured? Send an email to lily.moe@theodysseyonline.com.

As an Amazon partner, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.