Agriculture Is A Blessing

Agriculture Is A Blessing

So much more than a business, company, or corporation.

567
Agriculture Is A Blessing

To begin, read that first word of the title again. Agriculture, not farming, ranching or other words, but agriculture. This is to include but not limited to: farming, agriscience, agribusiness, communication and public relations, marketing, selling, ranching, research, animal health/husbandry, plant science and the many other options within this one word.

To try and put it simply, agriculture is every aspect of getting food, fiber, and other products from plants and animals from their beginning to final products that are utilized by every single person. It's a constant and ever-changing challenge focused on a multitude of needs and wants.

BUT, Agriculture's not just a business, not just an industry, but a way of life with an extended family across the globe.

Agriculture isn't about non-GMO's, organic, or natural labels. It's about the people, land, and animals that are cared for and nourished to produce the most while still keeping everything healthy and thriving.

Agriculture is the sun up to sun down dedication. The attitude to always help your neighbor and community when they're down. Agriculture is the many and many donations and assistance given to flood, fire, or other catastrophe victims.

It's the prayers shared around a kitchen table to not only bless this food but the hands who grew it and helped it reach us.

To me, it's the drive to care for our livestock and crops. Agriculture is the handshake of an average aged farmer (which is 58 for the average American farmer) and the stories they tell. It's the passion to serve others, even when as an agriculturist you are mocked and shamed by some.

Agriculture is the connection I make with others that share similar memories, experiences, and, more importantly, passions with myself. The leaders that helped me build up my confidence and integrity so that I, also, can spread the truth of agriculture.

To me, Agriculture is a lifeline. It's a way of life that I'll never leave behind me. Agriculture runs in my blood and has helped me grow and bloom into the person I am proud to be.

Every person inside of agriculture not only is working to be able to provide the necessities for their own self or family, but to reach the goal of providing to every family across the world.

The truth and deeper meaning of agriculture have blessed me from a young age, and I just hope that in the future I can help others understand how much agriculture isn't the bad guy, but real people trying to serve the world.

Agriculture is a blessing.