after the rain comes the RAINBOW

after the rain comes the RAINBOW

you hurt me but i healed so much better

327
after the rain comes the RAINBOW

Dear You,

You played me, you manipulated me, and you gave me a false sense of hope. You made me believe that you loved me and that you wanted to be with me always. You made me believe that we were forever. But, those, those were all lies. They were all lies for you to get inside my head and heart, all lies to help you get what you wanted, to help you make the past jealous. These were all things that, for so long, I was upset and angry with you for. But now, looking back, I couldn't be anymore grateful.

I'm so beyond grateful for all of those things plus more. I'm so grateful that you broke me, because in that brokenness I found my true self. I found the woman I was intended to be, the woman that God had planned for me to become. I grew in my relationship with Christ more in that brokenness than ever before and I have nothing but your ugliness to thank for that. I'm thankful for you treating me so terribly so that I could realize just how much I truly deserve! I knew God had always promised me someone amazing and your hurting me showed me just how much I actually deserved that amazing person.

I'm thankful for the fact that I now have the man God made for me and I am able to enjoy the little things about him that make him PERFECT for me. I'm thankful that because of the bad treatment i received from you I am now able to truly appreciate his sweet actions and kind words that he speaks to me. All the hurt and pain you caused, the aches that I thought I would or could never get over, all of this gave me the ability to be the perfect woman for him!

So thank you, thank you to the one who broke me for the last time. Thanks to you I am now able to appreciate the GREATEST blessing that God has given me so far. You made me able to most importantly love the one created for me without fault!

Thanks So Much,

The Girl Who Gained More From The Pain You Caused.