I'm Still Afraid That My Writing Will Not Be Good Enough

I wanted to be vulnerable at this moment and let you all know that today I am feeling incapable of writing a magnificent article

22

Ladies and gentlemen. I have been trying to write the same article for an entire MONTH. Yes, I know that it's a long time. And you may be asking yourself "Aren't you the president of this whole organization?" and I would tell you that, indeed, I am. It's my role to help inspire creators, bounce ideas off them, and make sure they don't find themselves in this VERY situation. However, this article that I've been trying to write is one where Ben Rector, my all-time favorite music artist, answered questions for me in the form of a word document. I am struggling for three main reasons.

1. I do not consider myself a writer who can type up an interview well.

2. I think that Ben Rector deserves the best article ever to be written about him, and my best article ever will have to take some time.

3. I am scared that whatever I post will not be good enough.

Are these reasons might be valid. In fact, I'd argue that they are. And my feelings?

Also valid. However, I cannot let these three reasons be what is holding me back from writing.

I have been able to be vulnerable on this site many times- about my own personal life and experiences and nothing but great things have come from it. Therefore, I wanted to be vulnerable at this moment and let you all know that today I am feeling incapable of writing a magnificent article that showcases how brilliant Ben Rector is. Soon, very soon, I will sit down at my favorite coffee shop, Kyle House, and write about a man whose music has always given me peace, comfort, and joy. Listening to Ben Rector feels like coming home to an old friend. As the man said himself, "there's nothing like old friends".