By nature, I am not a politically charged person. I don't feel involving myself in the public expression of my views is productive. Talking about controversial topics and events is a daunting task in our current climate. With that being said, I am not here to debate on controversial topics like abortion. I am talking about the blatant disregard for women and their rights. There has always been an underlying argument about women and whether they deserve right or not in politics. However, we are currently on the brink of a massive disaster for women's rights.

Whether you personally believe in abortion should not matter in the conversation about whether women should have the option to do it. Why does the government get to decide what a woman does with her body? Why should one man make decisions for large masses of females and their bodies? Doesn't that seem nearly as immoral as abortion is painted to be?

I want to live in a world where "pro-life" means pro-all life, not just unborn lives.

If we are trying to ban abortions, one would think things like birth control would be even more important and accepted, and yet here we are banning it too. Not only does it logically make no sense, but it is also blatantly cruel to women. The men making these calls desire to paint women as childbearing sex objects and nothing more. Sex is a completely normal and healthy part of a human being's life. Humans are one of the only species that have intercourse for both pleasure and procreation, so what is the issue with partaking in such activities?

Banning birth control ultimately fuels rape culture's fire. By saying that women no longer have the right to make choices about their body nor the right to protect their bodies, the message being sent to society is that women have no right to govern any part of their bodies, so men are free to take what they want. Many men already see women as an object that fulfills a desire/"need" for them. Men literally think they can take this from women whenever they please and personally it baffles me how we are sitting back and allowing this.

Women's rights are regressing but I do not believe women today will sit and allow it to continue. You might have thought the suffragettes were violent during the women's suffrage movement, but I can promise you this: women will fight, and we will fight as long and hard as we have to to be seen as people deserving of respect and say over our bodies and minds. We will not go down without a fight.