17 Affirmations For The Plus Size Woman

Being a woman in a world where we are sometimes treated differently or poorly sucks, but being a plus size woman in a world that doesn't want you to exist especially sucks. We are constantly put down, made to feel like we don't belong. But I promise you, sister, that you DO belong! We all need affirmations every once in a while, so I have some for you.

Don't take any crap from anyone about your weight.

You know you're fat. It doesn't matter what they say about it!

Reaffirm your worth at every chance you get.

Despite what anyone says, you are not a burden, you are meant to be here.

Stop trying to make yourself smaller.

Take as much space as you need.

You are beautiful in whatever you wear.

Whatever you wear does not have to be "flattering" by any conventional standards. If it comes in your size, you are allowed to wear it. No matter what.

You do not need to lose weight to be a proper bride

Candace Middleton

Believe it or not, plus size brides are just as beautiful as thin brides. Plus, your fiance decided he or she wanted to marry you. Why would a requirement for marriage be to lose weight? They already think you're perfect the way you are.

You should have positive mindset toward the body you have

There's no logical reason to be negative toward your body. It's the only one you have, so why mistreat it? You must treat your body like you would treat anyone else's--with love, kindness, and respect

Your body is a temple.

Cherish it. Treasure it. Treat it like it's worth something to you

You are not a sexless being

Where did we get the idea that fat women don't have sex? Have you seen the number of children that fat women have? It's amazing the amounts of sex fat women have, so why are we lead to believe that fat women don't have sex? Girl, sister, woman, have all the sex you want. You earned it, girl.

Don't beat yourself up if you can't bring yourself to love your body yet

Self-love and body positivity aren't concepts that you learn overnight. These are concepts that you must constantly work at each and every day.

You are worthy of love

You are amazing and you're worth all the love that comes your way. You deserve it, beautiful.

You don't have to love your body all the time

Like I said, self-love and body positivity are not overnight concepts. Even when you know these concepts, you still hate the way your body looks or is, and that's ok. Our bodies are weird and crazy and wild, just as much as they are beautiful and important.

You don't have to live up to everyone's standards

When you're fat, you don't have to do anything just because someone else says you should (this is true of anybody, but we're talking about plus sized women here).

Your health is nobody's business

You'll have people who will harass you because of how you look and will try to equate it to your health. Do not waste your breath on these people. These people are displaying what is called "concern trolling," which is where they will bully the crap out of you and then say "I'm just looking out for your health." You'll never be able to convince them of your health, so don't even worry about it, sis.

You will do all the things and you will be praise for them

Fuh real, girl. You deserve it all. Your accomplishments are not undercut by your fat. Your fat does not determine your ability to achieve success. You determine your ability to achieve success.

You don't have to be grateful for having toxic friends just because they're friends

Seriously, stop forcing yourself to stay in an abusive relationship with your toxic friends just because they were nice enough to hang out with you. You deserve the most positive friend group life could give you. You have a nasty friend who constantly gives you backhanded compliments? DROP THEM. For real, you don't need a friend if all they're going to do is cut you down. You an do better, sister.

You don't have to stay with an asshole just because he tells you you're pretty

On the contrary, if they tell you that you should be thankful someone loves you, drop their ass and run as fast as you can. That's a sign of an abusive person and you do not deserve to be abused.

You are the most beautiful person in the world and you cannot convince me otherwise

You're amazing! Your body is the best! You carry yourself with composure and you are always going to be the most beautiful person. Not only are you attractive, but you are also kind, intelligent, brave, confident, and able to do anything you set your mind to!

Plus size girl, you are an amazing woman. You may not like yourself now, but you should. And you will.