Passion Through Unity

Passion Through Unity

An EP review on Affinity Minus Perfection's latest release.

92
Passion Through Unity
Affinity Minus Perfection

Australian heavy-hitters Affinity Minus Perfection have come out with an EP that has turned many heads. Passion Through Unity is an EP that is both heavy with hints of pretty melodic guitar patterns and amazing clean and unclean vocals that blend together so nicely. This isn't exactly uncommon for Australian heavy acts as they pretty much have this genre in the bag, but what makes this EP stand out is the way they use these elements to produce a truly amazing piece of work.

Moments like "Voice In Volumes" truly stand out not only for its amazing production values. But also for how inclusive it is for rock fans heavy to and non-heavy alike. With its infectious riff and rhythm guitar patterns and its small uses of melodic arrangements perfectly crafted in between, its easy to see why this is one of the best tracks on Passion Through Unity. Not to mention its uses of varied vocal abilities establish a different energy that isn't on the EP in previous tracks. Other beauties such as "From Beginning, To Now" show a degree of musicianship prowess that wasn't advertised up until this last track on the EP. From its diverse use of guitar patterns on the intro and its great use of drums to create a heavy energy before it begins is something special. "From Beginning, To Now" is a track that keeps the listener interesting with its melodic guitar grooves, use of breakdowns, and colored use of vocal talents.

Affinity Minus Perfection is a band that will slowly gain traction for the North Queensland scene and all over because they are not afraid to test the waters with varied soundscapes instrumentally and vocally. If you haven't listened to this EP yet, for the heavy metal fans everywhere, do yourself a favor and go give this a spin.