What My Baby Sister Should Always Know

What My Baby Sister Should Always Know

Because no matter what happens or how life treats you, you've got me.

569
What My Baby Sister Should Always Know
Personal Photo

Dear Baby Sister,

I was 5 years old you were born, and even though I didn't know it at the time, you are such a huge blessing in my life. I forever have a playmate, a confider and a support system from you. You gave me company as a child and you still do, don't think I don't notice when you're away for days at your friend's houses. I notice your absence and wonder when you will be back.

My heart hurts for you sometimes, knowing that you had to endeavor, some of the same pain as I. People can be mean, no matter what age, and friends can turn on you in an instant. I want you to know that not all friendships or even relationships last forever and the loyal and supportive friends will stick by you. Even if you leave middle or high school with no friends that you had through the years, just know that your time will come where you get those friends that are perfect for you; they are waiting for you just like you're waiting for them.

I get that, right now, your look and reputation is super important to you, but someday very soon, how others think of you will not matter. Life is truly about how well you feel about yourself and it's about being happy with who YOU are/want to be. You are free to be whoever in life.

You will find your interests, you will find your talents (you've already found a few), and you will succeed in whatever you do in your life time. There is so much that you have done for me that I can be thankful for, and even though we do have our arguments, I love you and wouldn't ever stay mad at you.

You're the first person I came out to, and even as a little kid, you tried to understand and always loved me just the same. You have seen me at my lowest and cheered me on at my best. I will do the same for you, and I'll do my best to give you the words you need to hear.

I cannot wait to see where life brings you. I can't wait to see you graduate, to see you get your first job, license and car, and all the wonderful things life really does have to offer you. This point in your life, is not gonna make you or break you. Just like I say about points in my life that are tough, it's just part of the pathway that will get you to what is truly meant for you and meant to make you shine.

Having you as my one and only sibling is one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I'm not saying that our relationship is always perfect but our relationship is one of the best; with lots of love, memories and even secrets.

I want you to know that you are beautiful, creative, and gifted, and you stand out in a crowd. You are respectful and responsible and you were raised beautifully, alongside me. The world is your oyster and me, your doting sister, wants the best for you. You are a part of me and i'm a part of you, and no matter where life takes me individually, i'll always be your big sister.

I love you so much, always.

Love, your big sister.