Advice To All Generations About Human Desire

It is human nature to create the necessity for experience.

6

Everyone has a bucket-list. It’s one of the most common concepts in human nature to want to experience the most impossible, yet exhilarating things before death. It’s an amazing concept, honestly. Why shouldn’t we see the world? It is there. It is meant to be seen. People are afraid of death for many different reasons, and I really do understand why. Death is completely inevitable and no one really knows what happens in the end. But fear is not an emotion that should be associated with death. This inevitable end should be a motivator to go out and experience the things that humans are meant to experience. After all, that is what we’re here for.

Sure, we’re here to make history, innovation, advances in relations and peace. But when all of that goes away, what do we have? Don’t lose your soul to societal and political expectations. Do what you want to do. Why should we fall victim to the six-figure traditional way of living? Strive for the unknown.

I have experienced many parts of the world throughout my lifetime, and I am only 21-years-old. I have been to seven different countries in Europe, starting in London and ending in Rothenberg, Germany. I have seen beautiful places in the United States, between the coast line in southern California and volcanoes in Oahu, Hawaii. I am Canadian born, and I just had the honor to receive my American citizenship only a year and a half ago.

I am not satisfied. I should be, right? How could I be unsatisfied when I’ve been so privileged to see some of the most amazing places in the world? Well, I’ve barely seen a percentage of the world. I have been to two of the seven continents, eight of the 196 countries. 196. I am that person that uses death as a motivator to see everything out there. It is expensive, and there are ways to get around excuses holding you back. Don’t spend your entire childhood studying to work a job that you end up feeling like a slave to.

The one thing I can’t stand is how Millennial's wanting to see the world when they’re young is such an impossible concept. This is not a cliché statement. It is a longing for something more. It is a strive for knowledge about the world that we were placed on. It is a necessity to understand why other parts of the world are so different. Why is it such an outrageous idea that young people should travel across the world instead of settling down right away, finding a spouse and creating children. My belief is to do everything that you want to do while you can. It doesn’t have to be traveling the world. It could be something like seeing your favorite band in concert, or trying out surfing for the first time. Whatever it is, do it so that when you do bring life into the world, you have stories to tell.

There are people who enjoy the corporate lifestyle, and that’s incredible. There are people who enjoy traveling to different cities with only their guitar strapped to their back. That’s also incredible. Whatever you’re doing, it needs to make you happy. If you’re unhappy, death should be absolutely terrifying.